Thread: Wireless card troubles

Default Wireless card troubles

So i recently put up a post regarding my wireless card and got a response to look around and come back if I still needed help...well, i do. Here's my question. ---------------> Does anyone know where to find a driver that will work using backtrack for a dell wireless 1395 wlan mini-card?
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Niko

Me also have dell 1395 mini card and had many problems.
    If you will be able to make Bt to recgonize your card it will be only useful for internet.
    This card dosent support injection.
    My suggestion is to buy some usb good card they arent expensive if you want to make real things with Bt.

Apparently you didnt look around long enough.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=16749

cheers

btw that was the first result when i searched for what chipset it used
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko67 View Post
    So i recently put up a post regarding my wireless card and got a response to look around and come back if I still needed help...well, i do. Here's my question. ---------------> Does anyone know where to find a driver that will work using backtrack for a dell wireless 1395 wlan mini-card?
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Niko
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=backtrack+for+a...+mini-card&l=1
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

@ vvpalin & kazalku

I'm not sure if you had a chance to work with a Dell wireless 1395 wlan mini-card. I must say I haven't. But I however did read upon the links both of you provided (just curious I guess) and they lead to the same thread that starts with:
    Code:
    I have see a few posts on this forum concerning this wireless card. The laptop I have is an Inspiron 1525 that contains this Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card. The chipset is a Broadcom BCM4310, the Vendor ID is 14E4 Device 4315, 14E4:4315.

The only driver I could find at this point was NDISWRAPPER. It DOES NOT SUPPORT MONITOR MODE or INJECTION. I plan on replacing mine with an Atheros MiniPCIe.

Download the Windows drivers if you don't already have them at:
    Please take the time to check if the info you provide to someone is valid. Otherwise you're not helping but doing the opposite.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

@ #mfBaranian#
    I just wanted to point out that the OP simply asked for drivers to get his card working with BT. Which is what they provided him.
    He didn't ask about it supporting monitor mode
    (I presume you thought he was, please correct me if I'm wrong)

1. Well actually I'm not sure what the OP meant, but "driver that will work for using backtrack" as he said it for me means more than just being able to surf the net (even windows can do that). Backtrack should be used for so much more.
    2. As he states he already did the research on the card but being green was not able to solve the issue and did what he was told. Got back and asked again. I don't think he had to be flamed for that.
    3. Handsome-geek already gave him an answer regarding the cards inability to inject. So they didn't have anything new and useful to add.

I know that there are a lot of newbies doing what newbies do, but there is also a tendency of members (whom I respect, have learned a lot from and that generally do a lot of good for this comunity) becoming oldfags.

I wouldn't like to see that happen, hence my opinion.

No hard feelings...
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News