Thread: senao nl2511,usb persistant

Just burned his ISO

I have BT3 running on a usb stick. Every time I boot I have to modprobe hostap_cs to get my card up,then take it out of master mode before I can access the internet.I have uncommented the hostap_cs module in blacklist and blacklisted orinoco and hermes modules as per Wiki.Is there some other way to make the hostap drivers load and default to managed mode.

o.k. give me the lecture

Good friend of the forums

I'll give you a lecture

Have you tried BT4 beta? Don't have your card, but that's the first thing I'd do.

I personally wouldn't recommend jumping onto bt4b just yet, inserting such device will cause both orinoco_cs and hostap_cs to be loaded simultaneously thus causing more than one interface shown via iwconfig/ifconfig.

I have been trying to search for a workaround but that has been stalled.. blacklisting will work but upon loading hostap_cs will still load orinoco_cs so its an annoying issue.

Apart from that, with the use of bt3 you can probably add a few lines into /etc/rc.d/rc.local for loading of such driver and turning the device into managed mode.

I could be wrong but i just found that when you stop nessus from loading its removed using the command update-rc.d ... after doing a little digging in the etc/init.d directory ive found that the update-rc.d command can also be use to add startup items
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.