Thread: how to use larger wordlists

Just burned his ISO

Default how to use larger wordlists

one thing i have noticed is that the only way i can enter the correct path and have aircrack effectively crack a WPA encrypted network is to place the wordlist in the /root/Desktop/ folder. however, when running bt4 (or bt3) from the livecd, i only have about 2GB available disk space. the problem is that, if i am using a wordlist that is greater than 2gb, i simply can't use it. is there a way that i can use a wordlist stored on a thumb drive or on my native HDD and make aircrack able to utilize the wordlist?

thanks,
    donald.

Quote Originally Posted by donald.m View Post
    one thing i have noticed is that the only way i can enter the correct path and have aircrack effectively crack a WPA encrypted network is to place the wordlist in the /root/Desktop/ folder. however, when running bt4 (or bt3) from the livecd, i only have about 2GB available disk space. the problem is that, if i am using a wordlist that is greater than 2gb, i simply can't use it. is there a way that i can use a wordlist stored on a thumb drive or on my native HDD and make aircrack able to utilize the wordlist?

thanks,
    donald.
    Yes, you put the correct path to the wordlist in the command.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Why would you need such a big wordlist at all?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Maybe this has changed in newer versions but I thought aircrack was limited to 2GB files.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

As was mentioned you just have to give the comand the path to the file, on my computer it looks like this ->
    aircrack-ng -w /mnt/sdb1/webster-dictionary.txt -b aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa crackfile*.cap

Now I have a question I lost my password dictionary and am trying to get it back I was using the 11 meg text file from the Church of Wifi, it had 1 million very common passwords in it. Unfortunatly I would have to download the 34 gig pre salted file to get my hands on the 11 meg file, does anyone know where I can just get the 11 meg text file as my eeepc is the 8 gig hdd version so downloading 34 gigs is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicnarf View Post
    As was mentioned you just have to give the comand the path to the file, on my computer it looks like this ->
    aircrack-ng -w /mnt/sdb1/webster-dictionary.txt -b aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa crackfile*.cap

Now I have a question I lost my password dictionary and am trying to get it back I was using the 11 meg text file from the Church of Wifi, it had 1 million very common passwords in it. Unfortunatly I would have to download the 34 gig pre salted file to get my hands on the 11 meg file, does anyone know where I can just get the 11 meg text file as my eeepc is the 8 gig hdd version so downloading 34 gigs is not an option.
    http://www.churchofwifi.org/FileLib/...l-wordlist.zip
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Thanks a bunch Barry I searched that site for about 30 min and all i could find was the big file and now i feel a little bit stupid.

Edit: in review that comment appears narky did not mean it that way, cheers for the help much appreciated.