Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voiding warranties for fun and .... fun!

Default Voiding warranties for fun and .... fun!

Some people say I have too much time on my hands....

http://web.me.com/barrywoods/Site/eeePc_Mods.html#1
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

http://web.me.com/barrywoods/Site/eeePc_Mods.html#1
    Nice job, I remember you were telling me about the pigtail issues @ Shmoo, but looks like that's sorted out. I might be picking up the same model soon, so be prepared for the barrage of Q&A I'll have for ya!
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nice Barry! Not too obvious at all, that you might be one of those hax0rs
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Nice Barry! Not too obvious at all, that you might be one of those hax0rs
    I agree, it is very nice, he has two antennas so that makes him one of those "£337 H4x0r$"!!!
    In all large corporations, there is a pervasive fear that someone, somewhere is having fun with a computer on company time. Networks help alleviate that fear.
    -John C. Dvorak

DiggThis-09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

hey barry i was gonna do that with my hp 17 inch laptop. gonna add 2 9dbi antennas, both are like 17 inches or so. what card do u have those antennas connected to?

edit: as well as, whts with the metal on the bottom of the antennas? and why mount one lower than the other? sorry if those are stupid questions, im trying to get as much info i can before i totally pwn my pc. the plan is to take it to a cnc shop as well and carve out a design in the back cover. hopefully i'll have it done by defcon so ppl can check it out
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Good friend of the forums

yeah, and if you post more paper-like details and steps of doing it, I might as well do the same bizzare pervert thing to my mini....

Quote Originally Posted by xorred View Post
    yeah, and if you post more paper-like details and steps of doing it, I might as well do the same bizzare pervert thing to my mini....
    im planning on doing step by steps and posting the works on my blog. just wait till i get the equipment, then its gonna get fun
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectZero View Post
    hey barry i was gonna do that with my hp 17 inch laptop. gonna add 2 9dbi antennas, both are like 17 inches or so. what card do u have those antennas connected to?

edit: as well as, whts with the metal on the bottom of the antennas? and why mount one lower than the other? sorry if those are stupid questions, im trying to get as much info i can before i totally pwn my pc. the plan is to take it to a cnc shop as well and carve out a design in the back cover. hopefully i'll have it done by defcon so ppl can check it out
    The metal parts are 1/8" aluminum for the bases to hold the antenna connector and usb port. Then there's a steel sheet metal cover over that to keep the coax from getting screwed up. I build the bases several months apart so the holes I drilled into the case didn't line up, so that's why they are at different heights... I had built two identical mounts for rp-tnc pigtails, which would have been at the same height. I'm not too worried about this now though, it gives my wispy some extra height to clear the display. The radio is the stock radio for the eee. There's really not a lot to it. I think the hardest part was getting the holes I drilled in the cover to line up with the holes I drilled in the antenna mounts. For the 7" eee a 12" pigtail with work for the left hand side of the display looking at it from the back. You'll need an 18" for the other side. Where I have them mounted is about the only place to do it without having to move the speakers. Where they sit, the screws that hold them in place are just below the speakers.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

wow! that thing looks freakin crazy.

I'm more interested in if it can stay up-right without holding your hands on the keyboard.

It would be funny showing up at one of these events with 8 more antennas in between the two on each side. An entire wall :P.
    - Poul Wittig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast