Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT3 Data Not Found...

Just burned his ISO

Arrow BT3 Data Not Found...

Hi

I know this has been covered in other threads, I have searched every single thread I can find on the error, and I have worked through all the great suggestions made in those threads, but I am still having no luck. I am hoping that since the last thread concerning this was over a year ago, there has been some development...

Same as usual, while trying to boot the Live CD, I get the error "BT3 Data Not Found". I have copied the BT3 folder to ALL of my hard drives, even all partitions. I have even copied the BOOT folder to ALL hard drives and partitions, and made a CHANGES folder in ALL of my hard drives and partitions.

BT3 LiveCD boots great on my laptop, and I know that after burning 6 copies of this disk, at the slowest speed possible, and verifying the data with NERO, as well as burning a few copies and verifying data with PowerISO, and using different brands of media, I have a good LiveCD copy.

Computer Stats:
    MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum MoBo
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 CPU
    300GB Seagate Barracuda (Yup, it's SATA)
    80GB western Digital HD (Also SATA)

I know there was some issue with SATA drives and the BT3 LiveCD, but I have been unable to find any kind of solution to this. I have searched these forums, I have Googled for two days. (Maybe I am not searching the right combination of words?)

Anyhow, if anyone has any ideas, or knows where I might find some more ideas, I would really appreciate the help. Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

By "verifying the data" do you mean you checked the md5sum ?

See this thread and report back when conditions are set.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

LBCAK,

I have the same problem with BT3 on my Desktop "BT3 Data Not Found" and another warning stating something like "this should never happen" and then it dumps me out to a prompt.

Computer Stats:
    AMD Quad Core (4x6)
    ATI 34xx
    300 GB Seagate Barracuda

I'm still researching this but my biggest problem is the SLAX Linux (No experience with this Distro).

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    By "verifying the data" do you mean you checked the md5sum ?

See this thread and report back when conditions are set.
    Yup, I found that thread, and followed every step to the letter. MD5 sums check out.

When I said I verified data using NERO, what I meant was that when I burned the .iso to a disk, NERO goes through the burned disk to make sure the information burned was exactly right.

Here is a funny thing... I am unable to boot the CD by itself, BUT, I can run a VMWare virtual machine within WinVista, and it loads into BT3 without a problem. Unfortunately, I am unable to use my wifi adapter within VMWare. So, the disk loads fine in VMWare, but does not load at all by itself.

Just burned his ISO

Download it again, but to documents, then burn with nero new image to the directory. then check the md5sum.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCAK View Post
    Yup, I found that thread, and followed every step to the letter. MD5 sums check out.

When I said I verified data using NERO, what I meant was that when I burned the .iso to a disk, NERO goes through the burned disk to make sure the information burned was exactly right.

Here is a funny thing... I am unable to boot the CD by itself, BUT, I can run a VMWare virtual machine within WinVista, and it loads into BT3 without a problem. Unfortunately, I am unable to use my wifi adapter within VMWare. So, the disk loads fine in VMWare, but does not load at all by itself.
    So by all conditions set, you also can verify that you used the lowest speed setting to burn the disk?
    Also since you mentioned being able to use vmware, did you try another compuer with the disk ?
    Check the bios of your computer to make sure it is capable of booting from a cd/dvd. It may be turned off.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by LBCAK View Post

What are the contents of the disk after burning?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    I wasn't even gonna ask that.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    So by all conditions set, you also can verify that you used the lowest speed setting to burn the disk?
    Also since you mentioned being able to use vmware, did you try another compuer with the disk ?
    Check the bios of your computer to make sure it is capable of booting from a cd/dvd. It may be turned off.
    Good questions. Yes, yes, and yes.

Nero allows me to burn at a 4x speed, and PowerISO at 2x speed. I did both.

I can run the CD in VMWare, and I can also run the CD on my Toshiba laptop without problems. Just not on my desktop...

And as for the BIOS being set to boot from CD, everything is set properly, I have the boot order set to boot from CD/DVD before HDD, and I don't see any other options for enabling or disabling the ability to boot from CD.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    I have a BOOT folder with...
    ht tp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/LBCOnline/BT3/boot.jpg

And a BT3 folder with...
    ht tp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/LBCOnline/BT3/bt3.jpg

Let me know if you need to know whats in the sub folders...

Quote Originally Posted by nightpk View Post
    Download it again, but to documents, then burn with nero new image to the directory. then check the md5sum.
    I have done that already, and I don't know if I just never learned this, but I dont think there is any difference between downloading it to my Documents>Downloads folder, rather than my Documents folder... And the MD5 sums checked out on all 6 tries...

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it!

Just burned his ISO

bumpity bump!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast