Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Sslstrip & arpspoof

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO htons139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Sslstrip & arpspoof

    Hello all, been a BT3 fan since ever! It is amazing how much effort has been invested in this project.

    I have seen many people asking questions in here and they get shot hope I will not be

    Okay, I have run SSLSTRIP on my box and all went exceptionally smooth. My wifi device had the name "eth0" on this BT3 boot. That was untill I restarted my box and my wifi device was now named "eth1" not "eth0" as it was three hours ago. The problem was that arpspoof "couldn't arp for host". After I googled the error message, I found out that arpspoof is compiled with "eth0" as the device used to launch the arp poisoning.

    Okay I used "ettercap" for arp poisoning and "nemesis" as well and they both work just fine with SSLSTRIP. Yet the questions are:

    1- Is there a way I can make backtrack change the name of my wifi device from eth1 to eth0 all the times and not leave it to luck?

    2- How can I modify the Arpspoof configuration so that it uses eth1 without having to change the arp.c file and compile every time I reboot!

  2. #2
    Good friend of the forums
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    328

    Default

    you have to complie from source PM me if you figure it out!!! and update this thred !

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=wlan0+arpspoof+"arp.c"

    I can't get the berlky bd stuff working with Bt4 apt-cache search bd I installed all versions and still nothing

    libdb*

    http://www.google.com/search?q=arpspoof+berkeley

  3. #3

    Default

    HERE is a copy of arpspoof that has been fixed to work on any interface. A fixed copy of the source file, arpspoof.c is also available, but as operat0r pointed out, it is a real pain to get all the dependencies compiled and working.

  4. #4
    Good friend of the forums
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Thanks !

    how did you get it to compile ? I had issues with db berkley ?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by operat0r View Post
    Thanks !

    how did you get it to compile ? I had issues with db berkley ?
    I spent about 2 days messing around with it on a BT3 box, then finally got fed up and sent it to a SW developer friend who got it working.

    When you build Berkley, try:

    Code:
    ./configure --enable-compat185
    There were a lot more problems with other pieces/parts that I can't remember right now. Just that it was a massive pain in the butt!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190

    Default

    check out

    /etc/udev/rules.d

    take a look at the network-devices.rules, each nic has it's own mac address that is tied to a certain interface name(eth0, eth1, etc) you can change all that in the network rules file.

  7. #7
    Just burned his ISO htons139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Thanks for the binary file, tested and is working perfectly!

    Quote Originally Posted by drakoth777 View Post
    check out

    /etc/udev/rules.d

    take a look at the network-devices.rules, each nic has it's own mac address that is tied to a certain interface name(eth0, eth1, etc) you can change all that in the network rules file.
    I opened the file "network-devices.rules" yet it had no mac addresses or interface names. It has some general information about the file but no settings for any network device. Thanks for trying to help.

  8. #8
    Good friend of the forums
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    328

    Default heh


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •