Thread: Sslstrip & arpspoof

Default Sslstrip & arpspoof

Hello all, been a BT3 fan since ever! It is amazing how much effort has been invested in this project.

I have seen many people asking questions in here and they get shot hope I will not be

Okay, I have run SSLSTRIP on my box and all went exceptionally smooth. My wifi device had the name "eth0" on this BT3 boot. That was untill I restarted my box and my wifi device was now named "eth1" not "eth0" as it was three hours ago. The problem was that arpspoof "couldn't arp for host". After I googled the error message, I found out that arpspoof is compiled with "eth0" as the device used to launch the arp poisoning.

Okay I used "ettercap" for arp poisoning and "nemesis" as well and they both work just fine with SSLSTRIP. Yet the questions are:

1- Is there a way I can make backtrack change the name of my wifi device from eth1 to eth0 all the times and not leave it to luck?

2- How can I modify the Arpspoof configuration so that it uses eth1 without having to change the arp.c file and compile every time I reboot!

Good friend of the forums

you have to complie from source PM me if you figure it out!!! and update this thred !

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=wlan0+arpspoof+"arp.c"

I can't get the berlky bd stuff working with Bt4 apt-cache search bd I installed all versions and still nothing

libdb*

http://www.google.com/search?q=arpspoof+berkeley

HERE is a copy of arpspoof that has been fixed to work on any interface. A fixed copy of the source file, arpspoof.c is also available, but as operat0r pointed out, it is a real pain to get all the dependencies compiled and working.

Thanks !

how did you get it to compile ? I had issues with db berkley ?

Quote Originally Posted by operat0r View Post
    Thanks !

how did you get it to compile ? I had issues with db berkley ?
    I spent about 2 days messing around with it on a BT3 box, then finally got fed up and sent it to a SW developer friend who got it working.

When you build Berkley, try:

Code:
    ./configure --enable-compat185
    There were a lot more problems with other pieces/parts that I can't remember right now. Just that it was a massive pain in the butt!

check out

/etc/udev/rules.d

take a look at the network-devices.rules, each nic has it's own mac address that is tied to a certain interface name(eth0, eth1, etc) you can change all that in the network rules file.

Thanks for the binary file, tested and is working perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by drakoth777 View Post
    check out

/etc/udev/rules.d

take a look at the network-devices.rules, each nic has it's own mac address that is tied to a certain interface name(eth0, eth1, etc) you can change all that in the network rules file.
    I opened the file "network-devices.rules" yet it had no mac addresses or interface names. It has some general information about the file but no settings for any network device. Thanks for trying to help.

Default heh