Thread: MITM SSL - fragrouter broke and "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" no good.

Default MITM SSL - fragrouter broke and "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" no good.

Cant get fragrouter to work with BT4. Use it for MITM stuff. Seems fragrouter -B1 is really broken on deb, ubuntu, BT4. My log files go crazy with "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" Anybody know a replacement program for fragrouter?

Tools of the traid
    Fragrouter -B1
    arpspoof
    dnsspoof
    webmitm
    ethereal
    ssldump
    (just grep out the pw etc from the dump)
    Let me explain officer, I am not a hacker. I am a security tester of sorts!

What specifically is the problem using: "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward"?

And if you are doing the mitm attack using your own box as the "mitm", who cares what the log looks like?

I have Bastille with PSAD on my LAMP that had droped me because "I looked at my ultra paranoid server wrong" and that was that. Turned off the PSAD script and all is good now. Been a while since I was doing this kind of thing (Back in the days of iWHAX & Auditor) and just wanted to get back into the swing of things. I really liked fragrouter -B1. Was just wondering if "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" was the best way to do this or if there is a tool in BT4 that is better.

One more thing, it seems that webmitm -d now does not work in new vertions. I read a little and tried -dd. I did not fill in the cert info and now when I run webmitm -dd it gives me a "webmitm: error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line: No such file or directory"

How do I fix that?

All the best!
    onryo

Duh how lame can you be . All I had to do was rm the mitm.crt that was messed up under mnt/sdb2/changes/root/ .Problem fixed.

Still wondering if "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" was the best way to do this in BT4.

All the best
    onryo
    Let me explain officer, I am not a hacker. I am a security tester of sorts!