Thread: Adding Files to my BT3 Live from USB boot

Just burned his ISO

Default Adding Files to my BT3 Live from USB boot

I am sure its covered somewhere in here, but my search skills seem to need a little work. I want to add ALPHA_NUM rainbow tables to my USB still to use from within the BT3 Live. And also add rcrack to the file that allows me to use the command from anywhere. I've spent the last 30 minuites trying to do searches, but as I said, my search skills are in need to some practice. Could someone please help me with the some links or even some better search phrases to help me find the information I am looking for?

Thank you.

Good friend of the forums

add the whole ophcrack ? why not? you can have multiple boot cds on the same usb. Thinking about it, I might have to create a video on the subject with bT4 as my bt3 turbo-hax0r-mega-l337 drive is getting old...

Just burned his ISO

I would love to see that video. To be honest though I haven't experimented with ophcrack much. John and Rcrack are the only two I have had a chance to play with as of yet.

Just burned his ISO

Ok, for the second part of my question, I think what I am looking for is adding the command to the $PATH???? I just want to make it where I dont have to type the entire path to the command to use the command... for example the "ls" command.

Quote Originally Posted by JibberingJ View Post
    Ok, for the second part of my question, I think what I am looking for is adding the command to the $PATH???? I just want to make it where I dont have to type the entire path to the command to use the command... for example the "ls" command.
    To find your working paths, type $PATH from inside a shell.

Then, either copy or soft link your program to a directory that is in your path such as /usr/local/bin

Just burned his ISO

Thank you cybrsnpr.

I was able to get the directory added to the "PATH"??? and it works exactly as I wanted it to. I looked into it a little more and found another command as well:

export PATH=$PATH:/pentest/password/rcrack to add this directory to my "PATH"???

Is this the same thing? In any event it works great, but now the question is how do I get it to save the changes on my USB live install???

JibberingJ

Quote Originally Posted by JibberingJ View Post

I was able to get the directory added to the "PATH"??? and it works exactly as I wanted it to. I looked into it a little more and found another command as well:

export PATH=$PATH:/pentest/password/rcrack to add this directory to my "PATH"???

Is this the same thing?

JibberingJ
    Yes, exporting an additional path will work, but it only works for that particular session. If you want to do things this way, I think you need to modify your .bashrc file to make the addition permanent.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    Yes, exporting an additional path will work, but it only works for that particular session. If you want to do things this way, I think you need to modify your .bashrc file to make the addition permanent.
    That is correct.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.