Thread: airedump-ng questions

Just burned his ISO

Default airedump-ng questions

i have 3945 wirless card using BT4.
    1. when running airedump-ng it will give negative power numbers like -84 or -17 why?
    2. when running aireplay-ng -3 option sometimes the result is just one line showing 0 for arp and 0 pps or the result will be too much lines coming with incrementing values in the shell why?

Just burned his ISO

1. more info?
    2. that's normal when it's replay-ing.

Quote Originally Posted by ann06 View Post
    i have 3945 wirless card using BT4.
    1. when running airedump-ng it will give negative power numbers like -84 or -17 why?
    2. when running aireplay-ng -3 option sometimes the result is just one line showing 0 for arp and 0 pps or the result will be too much lines coming with incrementing values in the shell why?
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=13874

http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Just burned his ISO

this thread showed only -1 which suggest that the driver isn't reporting the correct pwr. but not mentioned when the numbers else than this

this thread showed only -1 which suggest that the driver isn't reporting the correct pwr. but not mentioned when the numbers else than this
    Airodump-ng shows neg PWR all the time for my HWUG1. It hasn't ever really effected my wireless attacks so I just ignored it. I just figured it was an issue with the driver. The lower the number the better, in my case anyway.

I also have some cards that show positive numbers, again I just assume this is driver related and it seems to have no effect on my ability to use the card.

Are you experiencing any issues (other than the display)?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I think theprez98 answered this in the very last post in the thread you are referring to.

Power levels are entirely dependent upon the card, the driver, and/or the firmware. Also, there is no "standard" among manufacturers so numbers are not comparable.
    As long as the readings are consistent, I think you just work with what you got.

If you are still concerned about this, maybe the aircrack-ng forums would have some more information? Or you could ask their developers. I know they read and answer forum posts.