Thread: Tired!! Don't know what I'm doing wrong.(Backtrack3)

Just burned his ISO

Default Tired!! Don't know what I'm doing wrong.(Backtrack3)

I've followed all of the commands to the letter and everything comes out great. The only problem is I can't Generate any data from networks that are 10 feet away!!Packets and beacons: are flowing fast but no data. Also, I'm doing this the hard way because my ralink usb can't inject but I'm willing to be patient for this please help. I've spent days experimenting so I decided to ask the best. Thanks in advance for any help.

what is it that you are trying to do? crack a wep?
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Quote Originally Posted by tron1 View Post
    I've followed all of the commands to the letter and everything comes out great. The only problem is I can't Generate any data from networks that are 10 feet away!!Packets and beacons: are flowing fast but no data. Also, I'm doing this the hard way because my ralink usb can't inject but I'm willing to be patient for this please help. I've spent days experimenting so I decided to ask the best. Thanks in advance for any help.
    perhaps try an "automagic" tool such as wesside-ng

put the card into monitor mode using #airmon-ng start (interface) (channel number)
    # wesside-ng -i (interface ie wlan0 etc) (channel number)

if you were using an alfa, as soon as the association to access point occurs, you could deauthenticate client and generate initialization vectors by sending a ping to nonexistent ip address on the network in a new shell. data # will begin increasing very rapidly at that point. if you cannot do this with your card, at least you have stated you are willing to be patient. you will eventually capture enough iv's to crack the key either way. difference is 22 seconds to dying, and a couple of hours. i assume its your personal/home access point, so walking away and letting it run isn't that big of a deal.

hopefully you find this somewhat helpful.

ez

if your card is unable to inject, then what steps are you following? Post the exact command & output if you like to get help!! Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Yes. Thats it. If doesn't suppose to be this hard.

will do. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kazalku View Post
    if your card is unable to inject, then what steps are you following? Post the exact command & output if you like to get help!! Thanks
    my exact commands:

1. airmon-ng
    2. airmon-ng stop rausb0
    3. ifconfig rausb0 down
    4. macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 rausb0
    5. airmon-ng start rausb0
    6. airodump-ng rausb0

ctrl c airodump-ng -c (channel) -w (filename) --bssid rausb0.

I need to generate packets to continue....

Packets and beacons: are flowing fast but no data. Also, I'm doing this the hard way because my ralink usb can't inject but I'm willing to be patient for this please help. I've spent days experimenting so I decided to ask the best. Thanks in advance for any help.
    I need to generate packets to continue....
    As you state that your card does not support injection you will need to use another wirelessly connected device to generate the data packets. The easiest way to do this is to simply connect another computer to the wireless network (naturally using the correct WEP key) and then generating traffic by surfing the internet or downloading something. This passive way of collecting the required amount of data packets is as already mentioned much more time consuming than by actively replaying packets, and naturally leaves you depending on the network traffic generated by other legitimate users.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

What's with all the freaking broken shift keys?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

If've well understood, procedure seems to be ok.
    If you're not able to cause a deauth, u could just do one thing: WAIT a connection on monitored bssid-nic.

Or may be better ;-) buy a different card..
    Good luck!