Thread: BT4-Beta.vmx not loading

Just burned his ISO

Default BT4-Beta.vmx not loading

Hi,

im not able to load the BT4-Beta.vmx
    Vmware is not going further to the machine settings, just asking to take ownership but thats it.
    The standalone vmplayer keeps staying busy and isnt loading either, process needs to get killed to end it.
    Tring to load the cd iso with having the right presets doesnt create anything either.
    Is the problem caused by the .vmx or is that a known vmware issue? Thanks for any help.

6.5.1 buill 126130, winxp32 sp3

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beats420 View Post
    Hi,
    im not able to load the BT4-Beta.vmx
    Vmware is not going further to the machine settings, just asking to take ownership but thats it.
    The standalone vmplayer keeps staying busy and isnt loading either, process needs to get killed to end it.
    Tring to load the cd iso with having the right presets doesnt create anything either.
    Is the problem caused by the .vmx or is that a known vmware issue? Thanks for any help.
    6.5.1 buill 126130, winxp32 sp3
    How are you trying to load the vmx?
    When it asks for you to take ownership you should select yes or ok.
    If it asks did you move the vm or copy it select copied it.
    Hit back if you need more help
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Good friend of the forums

Do you have the same problem with other VMs? Are you able to create a new VM from scratch? I suspect your VMWare installation is corrupted, as the vm of BT4-beta is .. flawless There is, also, a way to convert vmware images to virtualbox ones if you have that installed. I personally find virtualbox much ligher and faster, for *some* tasks. But that is another thing. In your case... hm... are you running as root? If not, try sudo-ing the vmware and load the bt with root privs

Just burned his ISO

i gave it up with vmware. tried 2 new installs, one with 6.5.1 and the other 6.5.2, both have the same bug with not letting me go any
    further to edit the machine settings of a .vmx or new generated one, actually i see vmware loads something cause the window is acting/flashing a little but that was it.
    this is a real bad error exception capture. if something fails i want a message heh.
    then i tried newest vmware server version but that failed also to create any machines... so with virtualbox:
    not a single problem to load the cd image, and no bloaky services needed too.
    now i just have to find out howto convert vmware images to virtual box ones with windows, found only ways to do it in unix. thanks for the tip with virtualbox!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beats420 View Post
    i gave it up with vmware. tried 2 new installs, one with 6.5.1 and the other 6.5.2, both have the same bug with not letting me go any
    further to edit the machine settings of a .vmx or new generated one, actually i see vmware loads something cause the window is acting/flashing a little but that was it.
    this is a real bad error exception capture. if something fails i want a message heh.
    then i tried newest vmware server version but that failed also to create any machines... so with virtualbox:
    not a single problem to load the cd image, and no bloaky services needed too.
    now i just have to find out howto convert vmware images to virtual box ones with windows, found only ways to do it in unix. thanks for the tip with virtualbox!
    All of your problems are on your end and have nothing to do with BT. I like many others here use Vmware and have no problems whatsoever.
    I have used all the free products from vmware and not one problem that could not be resolved by a simple google search.
    Maybe if you could provide us with more details then we could help you a bit better.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.