Thread: Wireless Assistant causes BT3 to freeze

Just burned his ISO

Default Wireless Assistant causes BT3 to freeze

I'm running BT3 on a virtual machine and on occasion, when I'm using Wireless Assistant, BT3 will freeze completely. I cannot even move the mouse. All I can do is reset the virtual machine. It freezes about 3 out of 10 times, the other 7 times everything works perfectly. I don't know if this is a widely known bug but I didn't see anything about it... Anybody have a solution or workaround (besides not using it...)? Or at least some input here?

I'm using Wireless Assistant 0.5.7 that comes with BT3 if it helps any

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaemelion View Post
    when I'm using Wireless Assistant, BT3 will freeze completely.
    A day late and a few dollars short.
    I don't know if this is a widely known bug but I didn't see anything about it...
    Yes it is widely known, and there are probably 3.67 million threads on it here.

Anybody have a solution or workaround (besides not using it...)? Or at least some input here?
    Code:
    root@BT# insert wireless commands here
    I'm using Wireless Assistant 0.5.7 that comes with BT3 if it helps any
    See above

Again just use the command line and it should work no problemo.
    Hit back if you need more help.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I hate having to configure everything manually and before I found out about Network Assistant, I had some problems with acquiring an IP address...
    I guess I'll just have to put up with it or write a script... Just wondering, is it known what's actually causing it?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

I hate having to configure everything manually and before I found out about Network Assistant, I had some problems with acquiring an IP address...
    I guess I'll just have to put up with it or write a script... Just wondering, is it known what's actually causing it?
    Yes you can just write a script or switch to bt4 I think the gui networking bit ( whatever it is called) is more reliable.
    As for the cause I do not remember nor do most people really care since it is more reliable and just as easy to use the command line, and or a script that can be enabled at boot.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Yea, wireless assistant is a piece of crap.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69