Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dictionary Attack Question

Just burned his ISO

Default Dictionary Attack Question

I started aircrack-ng, using a small word list 42Mb, and found no passwords, so now I am using the theargonlistver1 word list, it is 234Mb.

After typing in the aircrack command the curser dropped down and it's just sitting there for the past twenty minutes.

How long should it take to start scanning for passwords??

I opened the word list in word and the list seems OK.

My question is, should it start scanning right away or will it take a lot of time to open the 234Mb file??

Why don't you just add the password to the wordlist file?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Why are you trying to "prove" something that is already known as FACT? Given sufficient interest/time/resources WEP/WPA can be cracked. Just configure your device following industry best practices and be happy knowing you've done everything you can.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Developer

The Argon list pretty much sucks but if you must use it then it should open immediately. On my machine it takes about a 1/2 a second. Make sure your command syntax is correct. Here is what it should look like...

Code:
    r00t@infected ~/Desktop $aircrack-ng -w Words.lst ~/youcantgetthis.cap-02.cap

Aircrack-ng 1.0 rc2 r1430

[00:00:16] 49632 keys tested (3078.33 k/s)

Current passphrase: +  Rationale               

Master Key     : 37 1A 73 BB 57 48 47 E9 8C D5 3F 11 2F 23 C7 4B 
                           7D C1 41 6B 1B 79 BB D7 84 AA C6 C6 02 52 0E 01 

Transient Key  : 2C 51 26 71 03 78 1D 5D 05 B8 DB DD 76 76 53 2F 
                           8E 43 BF 32 52 35 86 AB 9B A0 F8 3C 02 02 59 A3 
                           EF F2 71 B9 9B E0 FE A2 B6 9A DE FA 52 43 B1 B4 
                           09 B5 BA E2 AC 36 1C F3 5A EB C6 54 20 F2 02 00 

EAPOL HMAC     : 2C A7 A3 21 A1 35 A0 53 AF 9F 15 1B 97 14 95 D8

Just burned his ISO

Thanks I'm working with different .lst files, but i needed to know if it would take time to open a large file. I'm using a 4Gb flash drive. The proper dictionay list is the last peice of the puzzle. Thanks for your help...

Well it didn't take long for the forum smart mouth to show up. Maybe you should forward your ingorant reply to the creators of Aircrack and BT4, and tell them they are wasting their time and should just "follow industry standards" and be happy knowing "it's all you can do".

I'm just trying to learn a new program, please ingore any posts from stevendanza, and save yourself some time.

""Why don't you just add the password to the wordlist file?"""

Because the wordlist won't open in the first place. I'll have to call your reading comprehension into question.....

Thanks I'm working with different .lst files, but i needed to know if it would take time to open a large file. I'm using a 4Gb flash drive.
    As pureh@te stated, no it shouldn't take much time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stevendanza View Post
    Well it didn't take long for the forum smart mouth to show up. Maybe you should forward your ingorant reply to the creators of Aircrack and BT4, and tell them they are wasting their time and should just "follow industry standards" and be happy knowing "it's all you can do".
    There would be no point in forwarding my comment to them as it wouldn't apply to their target audience.

I'm just trying to learn a new program, please ingore any posts from stevendanza, and save yourself some time.
    What fun would that be?

Have you learned a lot? Was it fulfilling to prove something that's FACT? Now that you're armed with the wonderful knowledge that you somehow didn't have before, how will you put it to use?

Because the wordlist won't open in the first place. I'll have to call your reading comprehension into question.....
    Says the "ingorant" "ingorer" with their multi-Megabit ("Mb") file concerns.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

stevendanza: Please edit your posts instead of making three in a row.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    stevendanza: Please edit your posts instead of making three in a row.
    Please be quiet smart mouth

@OP:

Well maybe these stupid smart mouth's could help you. And the question why you don't put the password into the wordlist is valid. You also said that you have a 43 Mb big wordlist which is working for you.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by stevendanza View Post
    ""Why don't you just add the password to the wordlist file?"""

KMDave just asked you to add your known password to your password file so that you can test whether the process is working or not. I would make a small txt file containing say 10 word (& my password) and use it.

you say it's not opening the file? what are you typing at the prompt, and do you have a link to the file, so we can try to replicate your problem?

And Thorin... whats wrong with someone trying to learn? We've all been there before. Perhaps using this knowledge he can come up with an exploit no one has thought of in a way no one could have dreamed of.... learning is never pointless

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast