Thread: Victims Discovery in SpoonWEP / SpoonWPA

Just burned his ISO

Default Victims Discovery in SpoonWEP / SpoonWPA

Hi,

I have a small problem using SpoonWEP and SpoonWPA:

the victims discovery process doesn't work any more

i chose "unknown victim" and started the scan using channel hopping, but no networks are found

instead i get lots of error messages "Error: /usr/local/bin/wifispoonfeeder/spoonwep/tmp/wscapture-01.txt (No such file or directory)" in the background

(the same for spoonWPA)

when i start airodump-ng manually, i can see my networks

i'm using Backtrack 3 on a SD-card in an eee901 with an Atheros based GIGABYTE GN-WI06N-RH NIC

unfortunately i had to reinstall Backtrack 3, it worked perfectly before

i installed spoonWEP2 and spoonWPA manually "lzm2dir xyz.lzm /"

can anyone help me to get it to work and to get rid of the error messages?

thank you very much

Martin

edit:
    i almost forgot: everything is up to date, i used the "update everything" function of fasttrack to download updates for aircrack-ng and a lot more

i'm not going to outright accuse you of anything "unethical", but something seems to have some "appearance of impropriety" here.

if airodump-ng is functioning normally and you can see "your" access point; you can (with some relative degree of certainty) expect other similiar tools such as airmon-ng, aircrack-ng,wesside/easside-ng to also be functioning normally.

why even use spoonfeed tools at all if this is the case?

doesn't sound completely kosher.

Just burned his ISO

The airodump-ng - has been changed in rc2 version … release and wscapture-01.txt has been changed to wscapture-01.csv - the solution for spoonwep/wpa is to download RC1 source of full packet and do make, after that you need to save airodump-ng from compilation dir (src) and upload it to /usr/local/sbin directory. The file wscapture-01.txt will be generated in
    /usr/local/bin/wifispoonfeeder/spoonwep/tmp and you will be able to use spoonwep/wpa. The futures aded to airodump-ng during release rc2 version.... are not such important, otherwise you can use both versions airodump-ng, but you have to modify your start script spoonwep.sh in /usr/local/bin to get proper version of airodump-ng.

Just burned his ISO

Hi Clone,

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    i'm not going to outright accuse you of anything "unethical", but something seems to have some "appearance of impropriety" here.
    there is no way to prove to you, that i'm really testing my own networks (WPA at home and WEP at the University, which is in fact also "my" network) - is there?

if airodump-ng is functioning normally and you can see "your" access point; you can (with some relative degree of certainty) expect other similiar tools such as airmon-ng, aircrack-ng,wesside/easside-ng to also be functioning normally.
    with a very high degree of certainty i can assure you, it's not functioning as it should in my case (which might be my fault with an even higher degree of certainty - that's why i'm asking for help)

"airmon-ng ath0" shows me a lot of networks, some of them belonging to me

the ws.tcl script from hxxp://tinyshell.be/aircrackng/forum/index.php?topic=3734.0 is working flawlessly

i'm sure, the manual aircrack-ng approach is working too, but i didn't try that on this installation of BT3 yet

spoonwep 2 and spoonwpa (selecting ath0 as interface and normal or atheros as driver) are working too, when i enter the victim mac manually - the victim discovery however is not (networks are found in the airodump-ng window opened by spoonwpa (not spoonwep) itself, but they aren't transfered to the GUI)

why even use spoonfeed tools at all if this is the case?
    because i like the GUI, which comes in very handy on an eee PC with one of the worst keyboards i've ever seen

doesn't sound completely kosher.
    i can assure you, all i did was completely legal, but there is as a matter of principle no way to prove this

bye

Martin

edit:
    thanks for your help roblad, i'll try to do that asap

Hi roblad,

i did the downgrade to rc1, now the networks are transferred to spoonwpa correctly (can't test WEP right now - don't have a WEP AP here)

at the moment, injection seems to fail - do i have to patch the drivers for the older version of aircrack-ng separately, although it's working in rc2?

Thank you

Martin

Just burned his ISO

You should to use rc2 for everything else, only airodump-ng should be override to /usr/local/sbin dir from rc1

for driver injection there are some threads described in this forum, I use intel 5100, rt73 and Alfa 500, I did not have tested for atheros. I have got 2 cards, but there are on PC where I do not want to install BT3. For my cards injections works.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    Hi Clone,

there is no way to prove to you, that i'm really testing my own networks (WPA at home and WEP at the University, which is in fact also "my" network) - is there?

with a very high degree of certainty i can assure you, it's not functioning as it should in my case (which might be my fault with an even higher degree of certainty - that's why i'm asking for help)

"airmon-ng ath0" shows me a lot of networks, some of them belonging to me

the ws.tcl script from hxxp://tinyshell.be/aircrackng/forum/index.php?topic=3734.0 is working flawlessly

i'm sure, the manual aircrack-ng approach is working too, but i didn't try that on this installation of BT3 yet

spoonwep 2 and spoonwpa (selecting ath0 as interface and normal or atheros as driver) are working too, when i enter the victim mac manually - the victim discovery however is not (networks are found in the airodump-ng window opened by spoonwpa (not spoonwep) itself, but they aren't transfered to the GUI)

because i like the GUI, which comes in very handy on an eee PC with one of the worst keyboards i've ever seen

i can assure you, all i did was completely legal, but there is as a matter of principle no way to prove this

bye

Martin

edit:
    thanks for your help roblad, i'll try to do that asap

Hi roblad,

i did the downgrade to rc1, now the networks are transferred to spoonwpa correctly (can't test WEP right now - don't have a WEP AP here)

at the moment, injection seems to fail - do i have to patch the drivers for the older version of aircrack-ng separately, although it's working in rc2?

Thank you

Martin