Thread: IE7 certificates

Just burned his ISO

Default IE7 certificates

I was wondering if it is possible to disable certificate warnings in IE7 and so far have not found any information on how.....

I am using ettercap with SSL and would like to know if there is a registry setting which will stop any warnings about the certificates on an XP machine with IE7?

If there isn't, can I import the fake certificate using the registry?

The reason I want to do this with registry is because I want to add the registry information remotely and can add information to the registry.

Quote Originally Posted by ee0u30eb View Post
    I was wondering if it is possible to disable certificate warnings in IE7 and so far have not found any information on how.....

I am using ettercap with SSL and would like to know if there is a registry setting which will stop any warnings about the certificates on an XP machine with IE7?

If there isn't, can I import the fake certificate using the registry?

The reason I want to do this with registry is because I want to add the registry information remotely and can add information to the registry.
    Nope there is not would defeat the whole purpose. Well maybe there is but it would be well hidden.
    If I'd know or not I wouldn't tell you.
    Oh there is also another way to create a valid certificate but it quite requires some hardware power
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Darn it! there goes that idea then... perhaps I could force a downgrade to an old Internet Explorer!

Quote Originally Posted by ee0u30eb View Post
    Darn it! there goes that idea then... perhaps I could force a downgrade to an old Internet Explorer!
    Well and you think that won't be obious at all?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá