Thread: NetBook Recommendation

Just burned his ISO

Default NetBook Recommendation

I want to purchase a netbook that will work with backtrack3 with little or no problems which ones do you recommend.I also have a wireless Alfa usb highpower adapter will it work with the netbooks.Thanks

wow, a question that I can actually answer

considering that most netbooks, by their very nature, come with built-in wireless adapters you may not need that Alfa usb adapter. That being said, I just recently got an Acer Aspire One and have been able to use both BT3 and BT4b on it. I'm sure your Alfa adapter would work just fine. You can also go and check the HCL to see if anyone else has tested/confirmed it's usage against other netbook models

Just burned his ISO

Wow that was quick thats why i luv this site 90% of the time i find the answer to my questions by searching. Thanks for the quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhuwme View Post
    wow, a question that I can actually answer

considering that most netbooks, by their very nature, come with built-in wireless adapters you may not need that Alfa usb adapter. That being said, I just recently got an Acer Aspire One and have been able to use both BT3 and BT4b on it. I'm sure your Alfa adapter would work just fine. You can also go and check the HCL to see if anyone else has tested/confirmed it's usage against other netbook models

Just burned his ISO

I have an acer one and Bt3 or BT4 doesnt seem to see the wireless on the live CD - is there anything you had to do to get it to see it ?

Why didn't you just use the search function? There was a similar thread just a couple of days ago.

Go with the Eee 900A, perfectly suited, has an atheros chip so no problems with injection on that one. 1.6 Ghz atom are enough for nearly everything I'd say.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by DjTaz View Post
    I have an acer one and Bt3 or BT4 doesnt seem to see the wireless on the live CD - is there anything you had to do to get it to see it ?
    on BT4b, did you start networking and NetworkManager?