Thread: how to pass gateway to get acces to remote host

Just burned his ISO

Default how to pass gateway to get acces to remote host

My question is: If the host's internet connection is trough router, how can i scan this host and later do penetration test?

Quote Originally Posted by 83stpl@y3r View Post
    My question is: If the host's internet connection is trough router, how can i scan this host and later do penetration test?
    Has your neighbor given your permission to do so? If so I would ask him/her for their access information and then you're set. Otherwise, leave their network alone and read a book. The only way you're going to learn is by reading, not illegally accessing other people's networks....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

You have to get the key from the Keymaster. Then present it to the Gatekeeper at the gateway.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

The easiest way to get a good connection with your neighbours wireless is to go round to his house, knock on the door, politely explain that you are trying to steal his internet connection, and then bend over, and ask him to shove the router where the sun dont shine.

Then you've managed to access his router with a completely new type of 'crack'

Quote Originally Posted by 83stpl@y3r View Post
    Scanning through a router is not usually possible. Because of how routers get implemented, they act as their own host on the internet then forward traffic that hosts behind it are expecting. If you're scanning ports on a host that is hosting a service to the internet, you'll probably see it come up. But anything else will likely just be dropped.

There's no way to configure the target's router externally unless the routers configuration is really stupid (Allowing anyone to remote control and having default creds).

In short, take the advice of those above me. If you've gone so far as to set up a lab which you actually have permission to do this on you'd likely not be asking this question.

Developer

Wow! I'm speechless at the idiocy of this post