Thread: question about windows drive mapping and sharing

Just burned his ISO

Smile question about windows drive mapping and sharing

hi so long story short i have to have everyone log off a network drive before i can dismount it from truecrypt if they dont than i cant mount the drive again and share it over the network

now by log off i mean that when i open that drive on a second computer and than close the window i am still somehow accessing the drive and i cant dismount it unless i do a forced dismount which as i have mentioned before will not let me access the drive

now i know turning the drive sharing off will kick everyone connected to the drive and everyone who has acessed it before, but that is a pain especially to remote back in

so i am wondering is there any command that will allow me to disconnect everyone accessing the drive but not have to change permissions so than i can safely dismount it with truecrypt and remount it when i have to

thanks for any answers

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russian460 View Post
    hi so long story short i have to have everyone log off a network drive before i can dismount it from truecrypt if they dont than i cant mount the drive again and share it over the network
    now by log off i mean that when i open that drive on a second computer and than close the window i am still somehow accessing the drive and i cant dismount it unless i do a forced dismount which as i have mentioned before will not let me access the drive
    now i know turning the drive sharing off will kick everyone connected to the drive and everyone who has acessed it before, but that is a pain especially to remote back in
    so i am wondering is there any command that will allow me to disconnect everyone accessing the drive but not have to change permissions so than i can safely dismount it with truecrypt and remount it when i have to
    thanks for any answers
    You might wanna try a windows or truecrypt website of some sort.
    You will probably have better luck else where. This is a support forum for Back Track.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Well, kicking off someone from a shared resource is quite easy using the computer management console of the sharing system: just expand the "shared folders", right click "sessions" and select "disconnect all sessions".
    After that you can broadcast a message asking people to repeat logon in order to have the relevant logon script re-run.

Google search, the first result looks good:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8.aspx#BKMK_cp

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

wow thanks alot guys i guess i was googling the wrong thing