Thread: giga wordlist creator

Just burned his ISO

Default giga wordlist creator

Hey I'm a newbie and I have a problem with this. I try to merge all my text file into one, and pointed the directory. It giving me an error that said no such file or directory and generate a blank txt file.

1) Which platform are you on? BT, Windows??
    2) If on Linux, which tool are you trying to use??
    3) Next time....... we'll expect you to stick with forum rule:
    Any questions you have will get a good answer as long as you have followed the forum rules and show you have tried to help yourself. Your questions are clear and contain as much relevant info as possible, especially error messages, commands you have tried and the output from those commands.
    remember: garbage in = garbage out
    PS: Thanks balding_parrot for such a nice signature..

Quote Originally Posted by kcboi View Post
    Hey I'm a newbie and I have a problem with this. I try to merge all my text file into one, and pointed the directory. It giving me an error that said no such file or directory and generate a blank txt file.
    I can see that you are using giga wordlist creator or whatever.... however I'm not going to search for it to find out relevant information because I'm not feeling to do so..

Good friend of the forums

Most programs cannot handle files that are larger than 2GB. You will have to break the file into 2GB or smaller segments using the split command. Note that for maximum speed the wordlist size needs to be smaller than the amount of RAM in the system. If you have 1GB of RAM the wordlist size should be 512MB.
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

Just burned his ISO

Thank you for the reply. I'm on a mac pro intel duo. using vmware 2.02. I'm trying it on a linux and the software i'm using is a giga wordlist creator. Thank bofh28 for the info. I will try to do that now and to see if any success comes out of it.

You don't need a program to create wordlists. I merged several wordlists using only cat, tr, sort, sed, and awk. Those should probably be available on a Mac. You can just cat a file and redirect like this:

cat wordlist1 >> wordlist2

That will add the contents of wordlist1 to the end of wordlist2. I use 'tr' to strip non-ascii characters, sed and awk to strip empty lines and short passwords, and 'sort -u' to sort and eliminate duplicates. The awk and sed one liner texts available online should be enough to format your files while you can read the manpage for sort, and cat. A little bash primer with pipes and redirection would be helpful if you are unfamiliar with these concepts.

I checked out the giga list creator. It is just a simple shell script. It doesn't take into account non-ascii characters, or trailing whitespace though. I have a few one liners that take care of everything this script does and more. Maybe I'll create an improved script. You should really learn how to do this manually though. It's just simple shell scripting and anyone interested in this field should know these things.