Thread: vmare problem

Just burned his ISO

Default vmare problem

i have a dlink airplus g dwl-g510 rev b which should be the atheros chipset from what i read.i loaded up bt 2 and bt 4 in vmware but run into the same problem.this is what happens when i try too find out what device the pci card is on:

i43 tinypic c o m/23rrdc2.jpg

so i figured eth0 was the right one,but i cant get it too work at all.any idea how too setup the card?thanks

Vmware supports only USB NIC's.all else will be treated as Wired NIC's.

Just burned his ISO

Default card

yeah that might be a problem.if i boot it from the cd,does anyone know what device it should show up once it boots?anyway too load up alternate drivers for the card in backtrack if the defualt ones dont work?thanks

I don't understand why people won't bother reading the wiki in regards to running wireless devices that are not USB based on vmware, this was the same question for the 200th time. Read here:
    http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index...ation_software

It will show up as athX/wifiX or otherwise wlanX/wmasterX, depending on which version of backtrack you use. athX/wifiX will appear on backtrack3 notably with madwifi-ng driver. wlanX/wmasterX probably appears on backtrack4 beta if you used ath5k or otherwise it will be athX/wifiX.
    Some more information: http://madwifi-project.org/wiki/Comp...-Link#DWL-G510

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the help.