Thread: Trying to work through WEP cracking tutorial . . .

Just burned his ISO

Default Trying to work through WEP cracking tutorial . . .

I been using BT3 for a few hours now. I have only windows/dos experience.

I have a Linksys WMP54G and I believe I have a ralink rt2500, rt2560 or rt2561 chipset.

"airmon-ng start rt61" command says I have a "ralink b/g" chipset.

Is this the right command line for one of these chipsets: "modprobe -r iwl2560"?

This is the tutorial I'm using: thew0rd.com/2008/08/19/tutorial-cracking-wep-using-backtrack-3/

Just burned his ISO

I've figured out the answer to my question

I've gotten to this part: "aireplay-ng -1 0 -a [bssid] -h 00:11:22:33:44:66 -e [essid] [device]"

It says repeatedly: "sending authentication request (open system)". Then "attack was unsuccessful". Then it gives me possible reasons. I can eliminate half of them, since I have tried about 4 AP's now and all have the same probem. Maybe my card if no on the proper channel I'll see if I can fix this.

Just burned his ISO

Actually I don't think it's the channel of my wifi card. I think I know how to change that. I don't know the difference betweeb interface and device. My interface seems to be "Wlan0," but I can't find device name. Or do I have this wrong?

Just burned his ISO

I can't seem to get past "aireplay -1 0 -a ..." command.

I have a WMP54G wireless card. Does any one know what I might be doing wrong?

I don't seem to know the difference between "device" and "interface" in the tutorial. I guess I'm not suppose to post the link, but I did in my first post. From what I can tell and the information I have "device" and "interface" are both "wlan0" for my wireless card. Is this my problem?