Thread: Missing rainbow table from renderlab torrent

Just burned his ISO

Default Missing rainbow table from renderlab torrent

Ive been trying to find a rainbow table for the SSID "linksys", according to the list of SSID's on renderlab, the 7gb and 33gb torrents are tables of the same SSID's just the 33gb is computed against more passwords. I found "linksys" in the list of SSID's that they used, but when I open the torrent and search through it I cant find the rainbow table for the "linksys" SSID

Does anyone have the 33GB version downloaded, if so do you know if it includes rainbow table for "linksys" SSID, I cant download the full 33gb and I just need the rainbow table for SSID "linksys" is there anywhere I can download it seperatley

any help would be greatly appreciated

you can use airolib-ng .
    import an cowpatty hasf file to a new db nd you have all he password list, then add new ssid and --batch the db, after some time export cowatty hash and you have your file
    acer 5920g , 345abg , nvidia 8600m
    bt5 kde 64bit + acpi + cuda 4.0 / nvidia 270.40 / pyrit

Just burned his ISO

that's the thing I want the pre-compiled Renderlab file, its got the SSID's against a million passwords, it will take ages to make a hash table for that many pass phrases on my PC, does anyone actually have the hash table for an SSID called "linksys" just to make it clear I'm just trying to find the hash table that Renderlab stated they have in they're collection.

Just burned his ISO

anyone? help would be appreciated

They are in there. There are six linksys hash files. They are, in order:

linksys1.hash
    linksys2.hash
    linksys123.hash
    linksys.hash
    linksys-g.hash
    linksysxx.hash

If they really are missing, then check your MD5.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

ok I finaly got the 33gb renderlab file downloaded, I opened it using 7zip in windows and extracted the hash file named "linksys", how do I go about using this to crack the WPA handshake? is this the final product or do I need to further process the file to be able to use it?

@Thorn

You listed the linksys hash files, they had the extension .hash, when I extracted the file named "linksys" it had no extension do I need to add the .hash extension to it?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by modgod View Post
    ok I finaly got the 33gb renderlab file downloaded, I opened it using 7zip in windows and extracted the hash file named "linksys",
    You cannot use the tables in Windows.

how do I go about using this to crack the WPA handshake?
    You need to use coWPAtty.

is this the final product or do I need to further process the file to be able to use it?
    Again, you use it in conjunction with coWPAtty.

You listed the linksys hash files, they had the extension .hash, when I extracted the file named "linksys" it had no extension do I need to add the .hash extension to it?

thanks
    You need to NOT use it in Windows, and I have no idea what '7zip' is, or what you did to "extract" a single hash file. The tables are not designed to to be extracted or work under Windows.

Look, don't take this the wrong way, but do you have any idea of what you are doing with WPA? Have you RTFM?
    Thorn

Developer

Look, don't take this the wrong way, but do you have any idea of what you are doing with WPA? Have you RTFM?
    Clearly not

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Clearly not
    Yeah, 99% of the time, that's the whole problem. I do understand though that there are those who are in the small percentage that just get in way over their heads, don't understand the concepts and are foundering; so I try to at least allow for that possibility.
    Thorn

Just burned his ISO

You need to NOT use it in Windows, and I have no idea what '7zip' is, or what you did to "extract" a single hash file. The tables are not designed to to be extracted or work under Windows.
    The 33gb file comes as a compressed archive, within the archive are the folders containing all the Hash files for the individual SSID's, all I meant was I opened the archive using 7zip a file archiver and extracted the hash tables I needed.

I got it done anyway, and I have RTFM, I was just making sure I was going about this correctly, Ive already pentested my own WEP network and I was just having a go at WPA.

Only reason I asked how do I go about cracking the WPA handshake was because I was unsure whether I had gone about extracting the hash file correctly from the archive.

The renderlab archive had the extension .tar.lzma I couldn't for the life of me get it opened in Backtrack so I used windows.

sorry If I came accross as a complete newbie and thanks for the help