Thread: Ethernet Wap used FOR hacking

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Ethernet Wap used FOR hacking

Hi

I have looked everywhere on the internet, googled it you name it, but i carnt seem to find anywhere that tells you whether a person can connect an ETHERNET NOT USB wap to a notebook to extend functionality and possibly to allow a wireless exploit using backtrack 3.

The wap i have is a cisco systems accesspoint Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series 802.11A/B/G

I would greatly appriciate a resonse soon

So wish to turn a wire based WAP into a wireless NIC?

Quote Originally Posted by cruel regulator View Post
    Hi

I have looked everywhere on the internet, googled it you name it, but i carnt seem to find anywhere that tells you whether a person can connect an ETHERNET NOT USB wap to a notebook to extend functionality and possibly to allow a wireless exploit using backtrack 3.

The wap i have is a cisco systems accesspoint Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series 802.11A/B/G

I would greatly appriciate a resonse soon
    There's a couple specialty firmwares for the linksys wrt54 series. Nothing for the closed source Cisco equipment.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

You can also shell out a lot of money Routerboard with MikroTik but don't know if there is any packages for Wireshark or Aircrack.