Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracking RAR

Just burned his ISO

Default Cracking RAR

Alright, asking advice from these forums once again. Anyone like to recommend a good password cracker for .rar files? Any chance backtrack has this functionality built in?

A pen-testing distro,not for cracking RAR's.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    A pen-testing distro,not for cracking RAR's.
    So cracking RARs is not a part of pentesting? I would beg to differ....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

As much as I would love to watch that one go back and forth, neither really answers the question. And ShadowKill, the bar in signature mentions BT4. Is that currently in developement?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD Industries View Post
    As much as I would love to watch that one go back and forth, neither really answers the question. And ShadowKill, the bar in signature mentions BT4. Is that currently in developement?
    Yes it is but don't ask when it will be released as that's still under wraps.

As far as the rar issue goes there are several tools in BT which can help you brute force the key. You can figure them out on your own with a little searching. As far as outside Back|Track: cRARK, Elcomsoft's Advanced Password Recovery, and the obvious RAR Password Cracker come to mind....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Here's the answer to your qustion explained back and forth, with hundreds of pages you can read on the rar password hacking...
    http://tinyurl.com/ch22ad

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Here is the elcomsoft link I personally use this software and find it very usefull.
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Thank you all for your helps i guess i am going to use the program
    Impossible is impossible

I would also recommend Elcomsoft, especially if you can utilise their GPU enhanced products.

Re: omarara's sig:

"Impossible is impossible"

False. Impossible is just short sighted.
    Impossible doesn't exist, things are only "impossible" until somebody smarter or with greater resources/commitment comes along.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast