Thread: USB not loading Modules

Just burned his ISO

Default USB not loading Modules

I put Backtrack 3 on a flash drive using the USB iso I made the USB bootable and it goes into the bootloader. when I try to start it, it just stuck on the
    *looking for data directory. I wait and wait and it can't find them. When I put in the CD, it finds them right away. The modules are in /BT3/modules.

how you are able to put USB version on CD?I know 700MB+ cd's are avaiable but I think you are refering to DVD only.anyways first check the downloaded distro's MD5 hash and then burn the USB version DVD on slow speed.it should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    how you are able to put USB version on CD?I know 700MB+ cd's are avaiable but I think you are refering to DVD only.anyways first check the downloaded distro's MD5 hash and then burn the USB version DVD on slow speed.it should work fine.
    He didn't exactly say he put the USB image on a CD. Also, he isn't asking how to get it working via DVD. He's asking why it isn't working on his flash drive.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

You can read fine enough that he is trying to insert CD when stuck in between.that is why I mentioned about checking its checksum.and for EXACTLY its not English grammar forum.I think you are smart enough who can judge this much and if not no one can help you in that.

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    You can read fine enough that he is trying to insert CD when stuck in between.that is why I mentioned about checking its checksum.and for EXACTLY its not English grammar forum.I think you are smart enough who can judge this much and if not no one can help you in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by torque154 View Post
    I put Backtrack 3 on a flash drive using the USB iso I made the USB bootable and it goes into the bootloader. when I try to start it, it just stuck on the
    *looking for data directory.
    You're right, I can speak english, and he isn't asking about a CD/DVD.

Try again, and stop being so aggressive towards everyone. I was pointing out that you missed his main issue Why would he want to burn his USB image to a DVD when he is trying to get it to work on his flash drive?

Also this is an english speaking forum and as pointed out by many of the seniors/mods, grammar is a very important part of having your posts/status respected. If you can't speak/understand according to the norm, how the hell is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill