Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet2 Doom and gloom storys...

Question Internet2 Doom and gloom stories...

I was poking around on the internet and ran upon this:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread406375/pg1

I googled "Internet2 Free Speech" to research a little more...

Now im NOT a "OMG THE GOVERNMENT IS WATCHING US ALL AND TRYING TO CONTROL EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYONE OMMGGG!!!!" person and im not a person to believe everything i hear or/and read, but when snoops did not bring up anything it made me wonder. I have not done ANY research on internet2 yet. Guess iv never gotten around to it yet.

I only read a few off the posts then came here trying not to brainwash myself with the info. Some of these posts seem laughable even.

But does anyone have any input on the merrit of these "ideas" concerning Internet2 and complete control. Ill research it more in the morning.

(but i do like the thought of no more spam?)

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

What I find disturbing about the whole thing is the lack of sources in the reporting. I mean yeah the first quote says "In April 2007 Time magazine..." but I read time and have done so for about the past 4 years and I do not remember this article. Then there is the second quote about a "landmark decision" well where is the source for this one at?

Now on one hand that does not mean that it never was reported but on the other hand I find the lack of actual links or text to the source a bit fishy.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

#1. AboveTopSecret is not the best source for info.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post
    Now that story and the other related to RFID's in everything is a bit nerving!
    I get that whole "new world order, the government is out to get me" feeling
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    #1. AboveTopSecret is not the best source for info.
    Well iv never heard about the site till yesterday.

I think it boils down the million dollar question:

Q: Will there be any privacy, free speech and security in the upcoming technological age?

So far the answer is looking to be "no" I think?

Quote Originally Posted by >Dart> View Post
    Well iv never heard about the site till yesterday.

I think it boils down the million dollar question:

Q: Will there be any privacy, free speech and security in the upcoming technological age?

So far the answer is looking to be "no" I think?
    For the average person there is no privacy on the Internet already.
    ISP and search engines keep history etc etc (everyone here know the story)
    Sure we can use SSH connection to the anonymazer service or adopt a corner table in starbucks as part of our house... or some other more shady ideas, but I think we are kind of late to complain about privacy on the web.

Since we lost that little tiny battle, all we have left is the notion of free speech (1st amendment) , (sorry friends from Europe etc - you lost that one already).

Sin-cerely,
    Webtrol

This always makes me wonder about the future, will more people start to run encrypted tunnels, host their own mail server (and have smtps between friends etc)... I know some people already do, but with 'out of the box appliances', wonder if their will be a new wave or something 'My Internet in a Box; contains own web proxy, tor, mail server, in just 3 easy clicks etc (even for idiots)'
    &#119;&#116;&#102;&#63;

This is an interesting area of discussion that does effect mankind in its entirety, not just individual countries or political systems - so let's keep within the boundaries of the forum rules please.

Surely it is possible to discuss your own thoughts on the subject without straying into derogatory political remarks.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Andy90 View Post
    This always makes me wonder about the future, will more people start to run encrypted tunnels, host their own mail server (and have smtps between friends etc)... I know some people already do, but with 'out of the box appliances', wonder if their will be a new wave or something 'My Internet in a Box; contains own web proxy, tor, mail server, in just 3 easy clicks etc (even for idiots)'
    My friends and I started doing that about 7 years ago when an online vendor was selling out of SonicWall firewalls that had VPN capabilities. At one point we had 10 different houses connected via a VPN Mesh. Worked out well for sharing things.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast