Thread: Which USB Card Should I get for vmware backtrack 3?

Just burned his ISO

Default Which ALFA USB Card Should I get for vmware backtrack 3?

hi every1 am lunix noob . well i got everything done well on boot live bt 3 cd and tested it on my own router from my laptop i got the key and everything and test it if it's connect it's connect.. soo i changed set up of my router to wpa 2 to be more secured we.. soo i just found out about vmware using bt from window . which i got everything correct which boot from window xp pro. but things they dont recognize my internal wireless card on my laptop. i been searching over the forum and got the answer.. now my question is.. which usb wireless card should i get that's will automatic detect on vmware backtrack on window? i search around i got some this answer Alfa AWUS036E 802.11G Wireless USB Adapter w RP-SMA Antenna Jack or linksy not sure which model but.. does those 2 brand will inject or other meaning will it will does well as wen boot it from live cd ? any best usb card? thanks all. not i dont search around the forum just i dont know which should i get. but i like the alfa awus036e it's can add external antenna and the price 25$ so really good but i dont know it' it will work well on backtrack from window the other alfa 500 somthing kinda too expansive.. so.. yea.. please helps me thank you so much all. cheers

This question gets posted at least once a week so the search function is the correct way to go. The wireless USB cards that will work running BT3 natively will also work under a virtual environment.

This link might also be of interest to you.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

wow thank you soo much that soo much of help now .. when i type in search" usb device vmware " vmware usb wirelless " backtrack 3 usb " so.. on.. but thanks this help i may come back this link soo many card but which one perfer work same as my internal wires card of my toshia a134 s4656

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia95 View Post
    wow thank you soo much that soo much of help now .. when i type in search" usb device vmware " vmware usb wirelless " backtrack 3 usb " so.. on.. but thanks this help i may come back this link soo many card but which one perfer work same as my internal wires card of my toshia a134 s4656
    ok..i got two device still undecide which one to pick.. still not sure which one better proformance AWUS036E for around 23$ and AWUS036S for around 30$ thing is i found this on the forum I'll just copy and pasted ...
    ALFA Networks AWUS036E

* Driver : rtl8187 (mac80211, kernel >=2.6.24)/r8187 (ieee80211, kernel <=2.6.24)
    * Chipset : Realtek 8187L
    * For Kismet, edit your Kismet.conf to "source=rt8180,wlan0,ALFA"

"* Notes : You can turn this device to go ~300mW but do be warned that this may damage your device. Also WPA under this mode is not supported." <<what does this means?

ALFA Networks AWUS036S

* Driver : rt73
    * Chipset : Ralink RT73

This card works out of the box including injection with BackTrack3. You will need to ifconfig device up before you can set monitor mode, etc.

I'm sorry my english is not very well to understand two of this device so i couldnt choice or understand which one is better on proformance on range and compatiable for WEP / WPA or WPA2 which my router can set. That's working on vmware backtrack on window xp so.. which should i go for? i had airlink101 it's a not very good device.. low range . slow download data which my rounter r next room .. and i have another device which netgear usb wg111Tv2 i couldnt get it work ..so.. i was thinking go for the AWUS036S and the money is a object well if you have anyother advice or different divice for usb with antenna like this please dont be shy to say .. i do understand we have alot of these kind post and topic but i been searcing over atleast a month couldnt find which more clear for me.. so that's why i decide to make a nick and a topic thanks for help all have a good sunday.

Just burned his ISO

and i got the AWUS036H isntead it's just too powerful let me tell you that it's a worthed still messing with it kinda confusing some points but hope i'll find it soon.