Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Hello

Just burned his ISO

Default Hello Hello

Happy to be part of this and to learn more. Getting excited about bt and linux.

Hopefully my acct will be activated soon

Quote Originally Posted by re_phil View Post
    Happy to be part of this and to learn more. Getting excited about bt and linux.

Hopefully my acct will be activated soon
    Nine more posts... Oh, go read the rules.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Welcome re_phil! Hope you enjoy your stay. Get started learning the basics of linux - along with that try playing around with some proof of concept exploits on vulnerable virtual machines, learn TCP/IP (OSI Model), port scanning, look into MitM attacks, Wireless security (cracking WEP etc.), or whatever seems to catch your interest and that should get you started off good. Also consider learning a programming language in the future when you feel it's the right time. Just don't stop once you achieve something, dig into what actually happens and the theory behind the attacks.

That should keep you going, have fun
    - Poul Wittig

paulsi

Quote Originally Posted by Deathray View Post
    Welcome re_phil! Hope you enjoy your stay. Get started learning the basics of linux - along with that try playing around with some proof of concept exploits on vulnerable virtual machines, learn TCP/IP (OSI Model), port scanning, look into MitM attacks, Wireless security (cracking WEP etc.), or whatever seems to catch your interest and that should get you started off good. Also consider learning a programming language in the future when you feel it's the right time. Just don't stop once you achieve something, dig into what actually happens and the theory behind the attacks.

That should keep you going, have fun

HI re-phil and while you are at it why not consider a PhD in computer science, and then I would take a degree in all computer programming languages, that should take you roughly 3 to four years, then come on here and answer newbie questions the same as the last unwelcoming two posts these guys really know how to quench your enthusiasm, consider yourself lucky I made a mistake on my first post and received an infraction .as I said they really know how to make you feel welcome. your post was full of hope and excitement.That was exactly how I felt, you obviously didn't realise that this site was so heavily policed, anyway mate stick by the rules, don't make mistakes, don't ask stupid questions, read every single thread on the forum, do not p off the moderators, and you will be all right, oh I forgot to mention, make sure you have lots of fun all the very best mate Paul

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by paulsi View Post

HI re-phil and while you are at it why not consider a PhD in computer science, and then I would take a degree in all computer programming languages, that should take you roughly 3 to four years, then come on here and answer newbie questions the same as the last unwelcoming two posts these guys really know how to quench your enthusiasm, consider yourself lucky I made a mistake on my first post and received an infraction .as I said they really know how to make you feel welcome. your post was full of hope and excitement.That was exactly how I felt, you obviously didn't realise that this site was so heavily policed, anyway mate stick by the rules, don't make mistakes, don't ask stupid questions, read every single thread on the forum, do not p off the moderators, and you will be all right, oh I forgot to mention, make sure you have lots of fun all the very best mate Paul
    I'm sick of posts like this talking about the way we moderate our forum. This a a technical forum to support backtrack linux and assumes that you have at least a working knowledge of tcp/ip concepts. 50% of the dumdass's that come here to learn to crack WEP couldn't even tell you all 7 layers much less in the correct order. I will never apologize for the way I moderate because in order to be here you should not be a linux n00b.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I'm sick of posts like this talking about the way we moderate our forum. This a a technical forum to support backtrack linux and assumes that you have at least a working knowledge of tcp/ip concepts. 50% of the dumdass's that come here to learn to crack WEP couldn't even tell you all 7 layers much less in the correct order. I will never apologize for the way I moderate because in order to be here you should not be a linux n00b.
    Not to mention that there is already a thread for those wishing to introduce themselves. And the fact that as you mentioned there seems to be an endless stream of itards asking the same questions over and over again without the least bit of searching on their own part.

As for the Mod's job of dealing with the aforementioned endless stream, I think they do a pretty good job. Keep the Ban Hammer High Pureh@te !!
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Nor should you. The purpose of the BT Forums is plainly stated. If people are too stupid to read the rules which they agreed to abide by and then get slapped, that's their problem.

Keep up the good work!
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

paulsi

if this is the case, you should call the forum,The technical forum to support backtrack linux and unless you have technical knowledge of tcp/ip concepts you are not welcome

you mentioned that 50% of of the dumdass's that come here to learn to crack WEP. well in that case why don't you make it a private Forum.and then you would not be bothered by newbies.You were all newbies at one time. I noticed that somebody said keep the ban hammer high. Mate have a word with yourself, you would be getting banned from a forum, not having your life support machine turned off. lighten up a bit, I also notice that the only applies to this post was from senior members and moderators, is this a case of strength in numbers.why do some moderates take this so serious, are you earning your living from this forum? when I read the post from pureh@te I could imagine the froth dripping from his mouth.
    the poor guy made a mistake you think he deserved Nine more posts... Oh, go read the rules. It would have been just as easy to say, you are welcome friend, but you are in the wrong place, and don't forget to read the rules. Now wouldn't that sound better anyway all the very best Paul

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Not to mention that there is already a thread for those wishing to introduce themselves. And the fact that as you mentioned there seems to be an endless stream of itards asking the same questions over and over again without the least bit of searching on their own part.

As for the Mod's job of dealing with the aforementioned endless stream, I think they do a pretty good job. Keep the Ban Hammer High Pureh@te !!
    I'd prefer if he kept it lowered, with speed!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

paulsi

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'd prefer if he kept it lowered, with speed!

Barry my friend
    if I were you I would get on my hands and knees and give my head a jolly good shake, to get rid of the saliva instead of posting it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast