Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Shell question

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    75

    Default Shell question

    Sorry if this may be a stupid question but i am cannot figure it out.
    when i am manually connecting to the internet using the shell.
    i type

    iwconfig <interface> essid MY NETWORK

    my question is, when i put in the space in between the 2 part network name i get a error as it does not recognise the space as a valid character.

    ie..if my network is called PIEFACES NETWORK,what character do i put in between the two words that compensates for a space?

    Thanks
    Pieface

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pieface View Post
    my question is, when i put in the space in between the 2 part network name i get a error as it does not recognise the space as a valid character.

    ie..if my network is called PIEFACES NETWORK,what character do i put in between the two words that compensates for a space?

    Thanks
    Pieface
    Use one of the following two:
    Code:
    iwconfig <interface> essid "PIEFACES NETWORK"
    iwconfig <interface> essid PIEFACES\ NETWORK
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Use one of the following two:
    Code:
    iwconfig <interface> essid "PIEFACES NETWORK"
    iwconfig <interface> essid PIEFACES\ NETWORK

    Thank you =Tron=

  4. #4
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pieface View Post
    Sorry if this may be a stupid question but i am cannot figure it out.
    when i am manually connecting to the internet using the shell.
    i type

    iwconfig <interface> essid MY NETWORK

    my question is, when i put in the space in between the 2 part network name i get a error as it does not recognise the space as a valid character.

    ie..if my network is called PIEFACES NETWORK,what character do i put in between the two words that compensates for a space?

    Thanks
    Pieface
    You dont put a character there, you can just put the name in speech marks eg

    iwconfig <interface> essid "PIEFACES NETWORK"

    EDIT: Soz didnt realise somebody had answered your question, man I hate the way it shows posts

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phenomenal View Post
    EDIT: Soz didnt realise somebody had answered your question, man I hate the way it shows posts
    If you mean the order they show up in, you can edit it to your liking under User CP -> Thread Display Mode.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •