Thread: The Alfa usb compact wifi dongle

Just burned his ISO

Default The Alfa usb compact wifi dongle

i have searched the forum and could only find info on the only alfa card people are talking about, i want to know about this alfa card, it is the compact usb dongle, it has a realtek chipset like the larger alfa, not sure if the same or not, doesnt say...here is the link
    www data-alliance net/servlet/the-75/alfa-AWUS036E-RealTek-Turbo/Detail

can anyone verify that backtrack supports this card? i am just wanting to know because it is about $30 cheaper...

thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by jarremw View Post
    i have searched the forum and could only find info on the only alfa card people are talking about, i want to know about this alfa card, it is the compact usb dongle, it has a realtek chipset like the larger alfa, not sure if the same or not, doesnt say...here is the link
    www data-alliance net/servlet/the-75/alfa-AWUS036E-RealTek-Turbo/Detail

can anyone verify that backtrack supports this card? i am just wanting to know because it is about $30 cheaper...

thanks...
    seriously. if you can manage to afford the awus036h you wont be dissapointed. im constantly amazed by this adapter.

but mostly people complaints from the healty point for ALFA AWUS036H because of 500mw power

don't keep it attached to your head with ductape...

Otherwise, it's ... hmm.. well, not safe as in 247 operation next to you, but for a regular pentests - it's pretty safe. Just keep it a bit away from your male organs and brain

It is possibly supported by backtrack because of the same chipset but the performance is nowhere near it.

Just burned his ISO

It does, I have one and it works fine out of the box, no worries!