This is what helped me fix it:
mv libcrypto.so.0.9.8 libcrypto.so.0.9.8-b
mv libssl.so.0.9.8 libssl.so.0.9.8-backup
ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
gem install rubygems-update
gem uninstall pg
gem cleanup all
gem install pg
I'm a n00b, if someone could explain what this does I'd appreciate it.
Hope it works for you.
It's just a few hours later, and I did another update and picked up a new db_manager.rb... It looks like search is working correctly again. Do we thank HD?
oh my lord...
I just updated metasploit:
My version =[ svn r15595 updated today (2012.07.08)
And it's all working now.
I am now very tempted not to update metasploit for a little while.Code:
msf > search netapi
Name Disclosure Date Rank Description
---- --------------- ---- -----------
exploit/windows/smb/ms03_049_netapi 2003-11-11 00:00:00 UTC good Microsoft Workstation Service NetAddAlternateComputerName Overflow
exploit/windows/smb/ms06_040_netapi 2006-08-08 00:00:00 UTC good Microsoft Server Service NetpwPathCanonicalize Overflow
exploit/windows/smb/ms06_070_wkssvc 2006-11-14 00:00:00 UTC manual Microsoft Workstation Service NetpManageIPCConnect Overflow
exploit/windows/smb/ms08_067_netapi 2008-10-28 00:00:00 UTC great Microsoft Server Service Relative Path Stack Corruption
msf > use exploit/windows/smb/ms08_067_netapi
msf exploit(ms08_067_netapi) >
So to sum it up, I did not update any ruby gems or pg. Just updated metasploit through msfconsole..
Would like to how other posters in the thread are faring...
For those interested this was the fix:
I just ran msfupdate, and search is working normally.