Installing Back Track 5.0 R1 on VMWare Workstation 8.0
When I try to install Back Track 5.0 R1 64-Bit on VMWare Workstation 8.0 and I got the following errors.
1. Software virtualization is incompatible with long mode on this platform. Disabling long mode. Without long mode support, the virtual machine will not be able to run 64 bit code. For more details see http://vmware.com/info?id=152
After I click the 'OK' button of that message I got the following error message as well.
2. This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible.
This host is VT-capable, but VT is disabled.
VT might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.
(1) Verify that the BIOS settings enable VT and disable 'trusted execution.'
(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS settings have been changed.
(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Workstation.
(4) Update the host's BIOS to the latest version.
For more detailed information, see http://vmware.com/info?id=152.
Continue without 64-bit support?
So guys I don't know how to continue my installation.
Please help me
Re: Installing Back Track 5.0 R1 on VMWare Workstation 8.0
Get 32 bit, and use that in VMware. I have a 64-bit machine and a 32 bit VM. It works excellently.