it would be great to have keimpx bundled with backtrack! I just found out about this tool via this blog
the beauty of this tool is that it will do pass-the-hash (ala PSexec) with windows hashes EN-MASS (no more single tries, paste yr 'hashdump' output into a single file, and keimpx will try them ALL on any # of servers ... "Even better, it goes on to ask you which of the cracked machines you would like keimpx to open up a shell on!"
here is a description of keimpx from their webpage ::
keimpx is an open source tool, released under a modified version of Apache License 1.1.
It can be used to quickly check for the usefulness of credentials across a network over SMB. Credentials can be:
- Combination of user / plain-text password.
- Combination of user / NTLM hash.
- Combination of user / NTLM logon session token.
If any valid credentials has been discovered across the network after its attack phase, the user is asked to choose which host to connect to and which valid credentials to use, then he will be prompted with an interactive SMB shell where the user can:
- Spawn an interactive command prompt.
- Navigate through the remote SMB shares: list, upload, download files, create, remove files, etc.
- Deploy and undeploy his own service, for instance, a backdoor listening on a TCP port for incoming connections.
- List users details, domains and password policy.
- More to come, see here.