Possible fix for few bugs
Hi, i've been testing BT5 Gnome 32 bit and found out that few tools have some hiccups!
Do not panic !
I found a way to fix major problems on my BT.
1) step is to download Synaptic from the repository ( it is disabled by default)
DO NOT MESS WITH THE SOFTWARE SOURCES OR ACTIVATE ANY UPDATE !
2) if you have trouble with any tool, just delete it from its directory since you are logged as root.
3) re-download the tool again, it will collect all the dependencies and will work just fine.
4) do not try to use VLC it wont work under root.
5) you can add PPA's to the source but be carefull do not mess with the kernel at any stage.
6) you will have to make a user account for Metasploit, follow my guide on beginners section in the forum.
Hope this helps
Re: Possible fix for few bugs
I think I messed up. cat /etc/issue gives me Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS \n \l . I added lucid software sources and upgraded the kernel. :( but so far everything seems to work