Tried several methods, different APs -> no luck generating IVs
Hello, i searched and tested, but i swear i don't see where the problem lies.
First method (with no clients connected):
1. Setup WEP open AP
2. Started Backtrack from Stick. Tested if my card supports injecting. i got 100%.
3. Started card in monitor mode with:
airmon-ng start wlan0 6 (my AP is on channel 6)
4. aireplay-ng -1 0 -e ASD -a 00:14:6C:7E:40:80 -h 00:09:5B:EC:EE:F2 mon0
I copied the APs MAC from: airodump-ng -c 6 -w /tmp/dump --bssid 00:09:5B:EC:EE wlan0
The aireplay-ng errors out with:
Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: 00:14:6C:7E:40:80) on channel 6
No such BSSID available
=> what i concluded is: if no clients are connected to the AP the cracking does not work!
1. connected 1 laptop to the ap and started Pinging google
2. started airodump-ng -c 6 -w /tmp/dump --bssid 00:09:5B:EC:EE:F2 wlan0
3. started aireplay-ng -2 -b 00:09:5B:EC:EE:F2 wlan0
It finds the package, i hit Yes, it starts injecting, but the IVs dont grow..
What am i doing wrong?!
I tried multiple locations multiple APs...
Any hints would be apreciated
Re: Tried several methods, different APs -> no luck generating IVs
For a first attempt, use aireplay-ng -3 instead of the -2 attack...this replays ARP packets. Once everything is setup (airemon-ng listening and aireplay-ng running), you'll find an ARP packet faster if you disconnect and reconnect your other laptop on the network. There are methods for doing all this without clients. For that you'll have to do more reading. You can find nearly everything you need on the forums and here: