PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to combine word lists in BT5, a little help please :)

bandyleg
05-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone, im trying to combine some wordlists i have as they are mainly small files 16-17kb although one or 2 are nearer 2gb but i dont want to do the large ones just yet incase it all goes wrong!

the command im using is

root@bt:~# cat /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/try5 /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/try6/>bigfile.txt

Firstly i know im missing something, The code works but starts putting out info like this....

/root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/junk: line 1: aardvark: command not found
/root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/junk: line 2: aazq: command not found
ab: wrong number of arguments

So its reading the lines and trying to run the password as a command??
It then carrys on running scritp trying to run putting out this kinda info......
/root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/jargon: line 621: bbl: command not found
/root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/jargon: line 622: bbn: command not found
/root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/jargon: line 623: bbnlisp: command not found
/root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/jargon: line 624: bboard: command not found
/root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/jargon: line 625: bboards: command not found

I know im missing a command somewhere and im off back to the drawing board later to try and figure it out but any help in the mean time is totally appreciated.

Cheers, P.s I am a newbie

bandyleg
05-20-2011, 05:51 PM
And also as you can see in the line junk and jargon, These are just different files i have tried but no matter what file i try it all leads to the same outputs!

Scamentology
05-20-2011, 09:05 PM
this is more of a Linux question.

I thought about making it simple but thought... nah...

Heres a script I wrote to do this
You could put this in a whateveryounamedit.sh file chmod +x and run it with ./whateveryounamedit.sh

#!/bin/bash

# change the below values
password_file="/path/to/password_folder" #without a forward slash at the end
output_file="test"
minimum_lenghth="8"
maximum_lenghth="63"

list="$(ls $password_file)"
for item in ${list[@]} ; do
cat $password_file/$item | pw-inspector -m $minimum_lenghth -M $maximum_lenghth >> $password_file/$output_file
done
cat $password_file/$output_file | sort -u >> output_final
rm $password_file/$output_file

MattMann
05-20-2011, 09:10 PM
cat /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/try5 /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/try6 >bigfile.txt

You just had an extra / on the end of your command

bandyleg
05-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Well i knew it had to be something simple!!
Thank you scamentology and thank you MattMan, One day i will be able to help others lol.

Cheers Guys :)

Edit:

Well ive managed to sort most of my files im getting there with it slowly, the only issue i have is that a couple of files are too large to use with aircrack so i have been looking around to find some code to split the files into smaller chunks i found a couple but they or i dont seem to be working right lol
this is the example i was given ( --bytes=500m wordlist.txt1 wordlist.txt-split1 ) would any body be kind enough to either point me in the right direction of code or maybe even nicer show me how its done