PDA

View Full Version : New FERN WIFI CRACKER

savioboyz
11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
MOD EDIT: Download code from here. According to this post (http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/experts-forum/34517-new-fern-wifi-cracker-2.html#post181782) http://code.google.com/p/fern-wifi-cracker/

Fern Wifi Cracker version 1.2 now available

Hi everyone, my name is Saviour Emmanuel Ekiko,just finished development of a Wireless auditing utility. Its written in python, its highly automated and does all the job for you, all you need are just 2 or 3 clicks and it does the remaining it self.... What to get view from the forum members before i go ahead in contributing it..... please paste your suggestions here

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6785/captureps.png
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9748/capture4p.png

Alternatively you can get custom settings be double clicking on any area of the window

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4747/capture1yq.png

Please post your view on it here

------

Scamentology
11-02-2010, 09:00 PM
The GUI looks bad ass.

Edit: removed snarky comments. looking at source now. Thanks for posting it up Saviour.

sLiPpErY
11-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Is this Windows or Linux based?

Did you just ask that? LOL

I agree the GUI looks very nice! I'd love to test this!

Scamentology
11-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Did you just ask that? LOL

I agree the GUI looks very nice! I'd love to test this!

Yeah, I did. I wanted to see how he answered it. Thanks for ruining it for me. LOL I would like to test this too.

voodoosau
11-03-2010, 12:29 AM
looks pretty good for sure,

but dont make anybody "horny" only posting screenies of your programm.

give it to the people ;)

savioboyz
11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Its Linux based, looks better on Gnome than KDE desktop interface, if your using KDE the executable is in the directory /usr/local/bin/Fern-Wifi-Cracker , im giving this due to the fact that the debian installer was created for Gnome
,so the shortcut will be created for gnome afer generic installation "dpkg -i Fern-Wifi-Cracker_1.0_all.deb" ,for KDE users, you may have to create a shortcut yourself
after the installation.

Just created the google code page for hosting it..... So please bear with the fact that i dont have a wiki help page yet

Here's the google code link:

VERSION 1.1 Just Released

http://code.google.com/p/fern-wifi-cracker/

ondrovic
11-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Looks great. Great job with the interface.

cw5301
11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
It looks great and is very much needed since the departure/demise of previous wifi GUI tools... How do we get a copy to test?

Also does it use/rely upon the aircrack-ng suite? If so does it need any particular version?

Citruspers
11-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Looks good, although I'd get rid of the matrix background, or at least make it a bit darker so it won't interfere with the text in front of it. Just send me a PM if you need help with that (include the image). :)

sLiPpErY
11-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Why did you come out of the "wood work" and throw this out here? It looks damn good, but with 2 posts now.... it's hard to want to download this... :S

cw5301
11-04-2010, 03:03 AM
Download link appears broken... no files on the googlecode site. Maybe you removed it to fix install problem?

savioboyz
11-04-2010, 08:11 AM
SORRY FELLAS... BUT AN UPDATE HAS BEEN MADE... if you were getting the "please wait..., it if it takes too long adjust ivs settings and restart".. the algorithm behind that has been changed

The cracking process now... continues capture even after ivs target is reached.. and eventually cracks the key

if you still get the old message.. it means your using the old one.

But if you get the "please wait..." message in red .....means your using the updated version
-----------------------------
This Idea was contibuted by ondrovic

jago25_98
11-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Looks great.

No sourcecode provided...

I work with a guy from Lagos and we were chatting about scams etc. I said to him, its a shame about 419ers... its now really the number 1 first thing people think about when they think of Nigeria. Thats a great tragedy because it means people dont trust in business decisions, so the actions of the few like this have a very large impact on the country as a whole. Nigeria is a country full of bright people, many english speaking, blame the government all you want, it plays its part but this has to be a major reason for keeping people down on the ground.

A point for others... would you download this if it was a straight download link without knowing where its from? Definitely food for thought.
Run it in chroot until we get source.

Archangel-Amael
11-04-2010, 07:12 PM
A reminder. http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/frequently-asked-questions/2126-forum-content-disclaimer.html

Also where the OP is from or claims to be is not relevant to this thread nor the forums. Please leave all of that talk for your Private Messages, or some place else.
Thanks.

savioboyz
11-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Alright thread members.... Software has been replace on package with source code..(py extension) on the same google code link.

i WAS GOING TO RELEASE THE SOURCE CODE, BUT I WANTED TO GET TEST RESULTS FROM THE USERS FIRST... SORRY IF RELEASING IT FOR TEST THIS WAY WAS'NT REALLY THE RIGHT PROCEDURE ... BUT ITS AVAILABLE NOW... READ THE CODES IN IT'S PY EXTENSION ( THERE ARE NO BACKDOORS IN THERE.. I WOULD'NT EVER THINK OF DOING SUCH ELSE WHERE, MUCH LESS A FORUM FILLED WITH ELITE PENETRATION TESTERS )

voodoosau
11-05-2010, 01:08 AM
cant get to make it installing without errors.
same error as from a guy postet that issue on your googlecode page.

here it is:

root@bt:~# dpkg -i Fern-Wifi-Cracker_1.0_all.deb
(Reading database ... 281336 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking fern-wifi-cracker (from Fern-Wifi-Cracker_1.0_all.deb) ...
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/bin/Fern-Wifi-Cracker/execute.pyc': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing Fern-Wifi-Cracker_1.0_all.deb (--install):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
Fern-Wifi-Cracker_1.0_all.deb

cw5301
11-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Alright thread members.... Software has been replace on package with source code..(py extension) on the same google code link.

Well I'm impressed... and thanks for publishing the source.

savioboyz
11-05-2010, 02:30 PM
cant get to make it installing without errors.
same error as from a guy postet that issue on your googlecode page.

here it is:

root@bt:~# dpkg -i Fern-Wifi-Cracker_1.0_all.deb
(Reading database ... 281336 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking fern-wifi-cracker (from Fern-Wifi-Cracker_1.0_all.deb) ...
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/bin/Fern-Wifi-Cracker/execute.pyc': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing Fern-Wifi-Cracker_1.0_all.deb (--install):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
Fern-Wifi-Cracker_1.0_all.deb

Sorry , that has been corrected yesterday... Please download again

spudgunman
11-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Why did you come out of the "wood work" and throw this out here? It looks damn good, but with 2 posts now.... it's hard to want to download this... :S

this is a bit suspicious... fancy looking app with reference to defcon but nothing in public defcon records I can find about this app or you. also you updated the package 3 hours ago but its still 1.0?

and where is the source code? via google code?

just curious as this isnt a "typical way to release a security tool" dont get me wrong, this tool looks cool and if its legit then rock on. but the only information about you or this tool is here and facebook. sounds like a awesome way to scrape data, i just find that "Nigeria" and 6 posts with a new "way cool tool" to be too ironic
.. and not getting detailed explanations about code and updates and functions

cw5301
11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Well it looked good anyway...

Got the source, looked at it, ran it - and it crashed my machine hard 3 out of 3 tries. Haven't tried debugging yet - don't have the time - but python did not spit out any errors when the app crashed.

purehate
11-05-2010, 07:02 PM
This should go with out saying but any code downloaded is "use at your own risk". Just becasue we allow it to be posted here does not mean we endorse it or have even looked at it. If you get owned its your own damn fault. Also as has already been stated, the OP's country of origin is of no relevance here. I am sure Nigeria is a large country with lots of honest people.

savioboyz
11-05-2010, 07:11 PM
this is a bit suspicious... fancy looking app with reference to defcon but nothing in public defcon records I can find about this app or you. also you updated the package 3 hours ago but its still 1.0?

just curious as this isnt a "typical way to release a security tool" dont get me wrong, this tool looks cool and if its legit then rock on. but the only information about you or this tool is here and facebook. sounds like a awesome way to scrape data, i just find that "Nigeria" and 6 posts with a new "way cool tool" to be too ironic

This is my first security related tool, everyone starts from somewhere... The fact that many of the members of this forum know about DEFCON does not mean all of them have ever attended it. I am still a student, so i dont have a massive website with my company logo on it with thousands of links on it to google search.... When you extract the content of the new Debian archive ... you find the source code. PLEASE AGAIN READ IT..... certain bugs have been reported and i need to address them immediately which means deleting the old stuff and updating it with the new without having to tag a new version number on it.. And please it would be respectful if you dont reference me with my country.. PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT

ondrovic
11-05-2010, 07:57 PM

I have been in contact with Saviour and he is a very nice guy. This is his first project and he is trying to share it with everyone on this great forum. There have been some issues with him setup up the svn on google code so he can post the actual source code with out having to download a .deb package.

Correct me if I am wrong and out of line but aren't we here to gain knowledge and help each other grow?
I am in the process of trying to help get the svn up and running so please be understanding, if you don't trust the source don't download it.

savioboyz
11-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Well it looked good anyway...

Got the source, looked at it, ran it - and it crashed my machine hard 3 out of 3 tries. Haven't tried debugging yet - don't have the time - but python did not spit out any errors when the app crashed.

When a program crashes, python always prints the exceptions raised.... (fern.py) is the main program ,(execute.py) runs fern.py but first of all cd's into its directory.... The rest are ui generated files...

Which of them did you run?..
I expected them to be reported as bugs

ondrovic
11-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Got svn access to the code now get it here fern-wifi-cracker - Revision 4: /trunk (http://fern-wifi-cracker.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/) hope this makes everyone feel a little better about the code and the developer

savioboyz
11-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Got svn access to the code now get it here fern-wifi-cracker - Revision 4: /trunk (http://fern-wifi-cracker.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/) hope this makes everyone feel a little better about the code and the developer

Thanks a Lot Ondrovic for helping me setup the svn support

And for a direct review of source code directly from google code via your browser. without having to download the sources code;

Theres the Google code Trunk on http:
fern-wifi-cracker - Project Hosting on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/fern-wifi-cracker/source/browse/#svn/trunk)

spudgunman
11-06-2010, 05:13 AM
dont take my criticism bad, the tool looks rad and if I didnt misplace my USB wifi right now I would be testing it. it just came about "odd" and I call the odd out.
congrats on the tool :)

Scamentology
11-06-2010, 05:27 AM
dont take my criticism bad, the tool looks rad and if I didnt misplace my USB wifi right now I would be testing it. it just came about "odd" and I call the odd out.
congrats on the tool :)

I have to agree with spudgunman. but now that the source is up we can take a look. AGAIN this does look like a great tool and you put a lot of work into it. Don't be offended Saviour when you post your work without source and get hassled a little bit.

I think its fair to raise objections. Cant wait to check this out now.

Sys7emR00t
11-06-2010, 05:45 AM
That's really cool...but maybe too easy! Haha. So the idea is we download the source code and compile it ourselves?

savioboyz
11-06-2010, 11:52 AM
That's really cool...but maybe too easy! Haha. So the idea is we download the source code and compile it ourselves?

Py files can be compiled but not like C or other compiled language with (./configure or make install ). The way to use the applicaion is by installing the debian file to make it easy for you or direct execution

Direct Execution:

Note please:
use:
root@bt~/usr/local/bin/fern-wifi-cracker:
python fern.py if you have cd-ed into the directory

and

python /usr/local/bin/fern-wifi-cracker/execute.py if you are calling the application without cd-ing into its directory

alacrityathome
11-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Downloaded and tested FERN today.

Excellent work!

Welcome to the forum.

We will all expect great future activity from you on the forum!

A

falseteeth
11-09-2010, 05:10 AM
Looks absolutely great.

I'd also recommend removing the matrix 1 and 0 background...it just kind of looks bad overall. Everything else looks great though.

grindcore
11-09-2010, 09:48 AM
That looks great, I'll be downloading it when I get home. Thanks!

savioboyz
11-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Thank you very very much fellas .. for your contributions and encouragement.
Ill try my best with the peak of any knowledge i have in contributing to this wonderful community.

Thanks.

purehate
11-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Excellent, I am glad to see a more welcoming attitude emerging here.

Citruspers
11-09-2010, 03:58 PM
My offer to make the backgrounds a bit less intrusive still stands, all you need to do is send me the images ;)

savioboyz
11-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Thank you citruspas, for helping with the darkening of the binary image:

If you think the binary image is too intrusive. You can replace it with the darker image.
the new image is at the same Google page where the project is hosted.

replace it in this directory /usr/local/bin/Fern-Wifi-Cracker/resources/ or any directory you choose to place it.

the picture name is binary_2.png

replace the old with the new but with the same name "binary_2.png"

Citruspers
11-09-2010, 08:45 PM
I know it's not much, but it kind of bothered me. Figured I might as well try and help out (can't really code except some bash scripting but I can do some photoshopping) :)

http://i.imgur.com/2dKGA.jpg

cw5301
11-10-2010, 02:13 PM
I was running fern.py directly... tried running execute.py and it seems to work correctly... maybe a short "README" to suggest how to run it?

Also it needs a function to shut down and clean up after itself. There is no good way to shut down WEP cracking after it is started without leaving aireplay-ng and airodump-ng running... so if you want to change attack modes or if you don't find the WEP key you have to manually clean up.

Also it creates new VAPs every time its started - not necessarily a bad thing but another thing to manually clean up.

A "stop" function that would kill all the stray processes would be very helpful, along with a button to manually create the VAPs would be good.

But I do think this is a very good start on a useful tool.

When a program crashes, python always prints the exceptions raised.... (fern.py) is the main program ,(execute.py) runs fern.py but first of all cd's into its directory.... The rest are ui generated files...

Which of them did you run?..
I expected them to be reported as bugs

savioboyz
11-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I was running fern.py directly... tried running execute.py and it seems to work correctly... maybe a short "README" to suggest how to run it?

Also it needs a function to shut down and clean up after itself. There is no good way to shut down WEP cracking after it is started without leaving aireplay-ng and airodump-ng running... so if you want to change attack modes or if you don't find the WEP key you have to manually clean up.

Also it creates new VAPs every time its started - not necessarily a bad thing but another thing to manually clean up.

A "stop" function that would kill all the stray processes would be very helpful, along with a button to manually create the VAPs would be good.

But I do think this is a very good start on a useful tool.

Hmm!, actually it does cleanup after certain attack events, on line 1246 you find this

def key_found(self):
self.cracking_label.setEnabled(True)
self.cracking_label.setText('<font color=yellow>Cracking Encryption</font>')
self.finished_label.setEnabled(True)
self.finished_label.setText('<font color=yellow>Finished</font>')
self.wep_key_label.setEnabled(True)
self.wep_key_label.setText('<font color=red>%s</font>'%(WEP))
self.wep_status_label.setEnabled(True)
self.wep_status_label.setText('<font color=yellow>Wep Encryption Broken</font>')
commands.getstatusoutput('killall airodump-ng')
commands.getstatusoutput('killall airmon-ng')

NOTICE Killall airodump-ng

It does not kill processes until attack wep key is found.. which is logical.. it the dump files were deleted during attack.. wep key would never be found..

You find "killall" command on numerous lines in the source code.

And the cleanup is also always done.. But when a new attack is initiated attack.. this is logical beacause there would be times where aircrack was not able to find key from your dictionary file, and you need to get the dump file so you can use it with an exetrnal cracker.. The dump file will be there until you press the new attack button

On line 498 you can find something like that

def scan_wep(self,arg,arg2):
monitor = str(reader('/tmp/fern-log/monitor.log'))
commands.getstatusoutput('rm -r /tmp/fern-log/*.csv')
commands.getstatusoutput('rm -r /tmp/fern-log/*.cap')
commands.getstatusoutput('rm -r /tmp/fern-log/WPA/*.csv')
commands.getstatusoutput('rm -r /tmp/fern-log/WPA/*.cap')

The cleanup "rm" is also found in some numerous sections.

THE README file i completely forgot..

The Scan Button is a dual button, it can also be used to stop scan by pressing again

shadi
11-12-2010, 10:03 PM
thanx great job
but how i can make a shourt cut in my desktop so i can load the program and use it ?
can u plz type the command or the code
new in linux
good work keep goin

savioboyz
11-13-2010, 06:32 AM
thanx great job
but how i can make a shourt cut in my desktop so i can load the program and use it ?
can u plz type the command or the code
new in linux
good work keep goin

Thanks...
if you want to run it from command then run this:

root@bt~:python /usr/local/bin/Fern-Wifi-Cracker/execute.py

If you want to run by icon:

Open your file manager. Like you want to browse your hard drive.

Then on the Address bar or Path bar:

Put this:
/usr/share/applications

There you find "Fern_Wifi_Cracker.desktop"

Thats the icon. Just double click it , or copy and paste it in your prefered location

In this way you dont have to create a shortcut but, you can just copy and paste the icon. any where you choose to. Then you are good to go

THIS IS APPLICABLE TO ALL KDE USERS AND GNOME USERS

WELCOME TO LINUX.. AND THE ULTIMATE BACKTRACK

sLiPpErY
11-13-2010, 02:25 PM
I've tested this and I have to say very nice job!!

There are some errors with me not being able to see some words from the stock windows size I believe (1024 x 600 Resolution is what I'm running....), also it would be nice to be able to highlight the "password" so you can copy and paste it. Also the background like others have said.

Constructive Criticism :)

I look forward to updates :)

shadi
11-13-2010, 06:52 PM
thx alot i got it and use it
ill email u to let u know about any bug
good work

savioboyz
11-14-2010, 06:07 PM
I've tested this and I have to say very nice job!!

There are some errors with me not being able to see some words from the stock windows size I believe (1024 x 600 Resolution is what I'm running....), also it would be nice to be able to highlight the "password" so you can copy and paste it. Also the background like others have said.

Constructive Criticism :)

I look forward to updates :)

Thank you....

Ill start work on that but please give me sometime....Ill Give an alert when update is available.... Currently Having some other projects choking my time.

sLiPpErY
11-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Thank you....

Ill start work on that but please give me sometime....Ill Give an alert when update is available.... Currently Having some other projects choking my time.

Well don't choke it to much... ;)

rispeed
11-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Hey man that thing is reallly nice good work!!

savioboyz
11-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Thank you all for being very supportive....

An update to Fern Wifi Cracker will soon be release .. please check this thread from now till next week.. It will be posted here.. It will be released within that time frame

Some really cool features have been added

imkash
11-20-2010, 04:55 AM
look nice but nothing better then doing it manually ...... use it only if you know perfectly how to do it manually with no fail otherwise you will never learn ;) if you know how to do it perfectly manually it only take 10 minute to crack a wep ;) 10 minute not more ;)

anyway thanks for your work.

savioboyz
11-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Fern Wifi Cracker 1.1 Released

Screenshots:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2190/44974794.png

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1816/25095297.png

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7016/29973113.png

Keys are now automatically added to database,You could alternatively insert new keys manually...

YOu could also right click on the key and Copy

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4122/76060507.png

New Features:

Database support:
Using Sqlite3 keys are automatically added to created database at directory
/usr/local/bin/Fern-Wifi-Cracker/key-database/Database.db

Text overlapping now corrected..
Note: WHen fern is ran, it adjusts your resolution to a dimension that suits it api before running, then adjusts it back to the previous relolution you were using before running.. It does all of this within 1 second interval

Modification in WEP / WPA cracking algorithm :

Download from Google code link:
fern-wifi-cracker - Project Hosting on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/fern-wifi-cracker/)

ondrovic
11-20-2010, 01:26 PM
New version uploaded to svn

azboy
11-22-2010, 12:40 AM
is it possible to use my own wordlist?

voidnecron
11-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Perhaps it's an idea to post the download/URL in the OP?

savioboyz
11-22-2010, 01:22 PM
is it possible to use my own wordlist?

Sure you can click the browse button and select your own wordlist

savioboyz
11-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Perhaps it's an idea to post the download/URL in the OP?

The download URL is hosted at the same google code page:

fern-wifi-cracker - Project Hosting on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/fern-wifi-cracker/)

voidnecron
11-23-2010, 10:36 AM
The download URL is hosted at the same google code page:

Yeah I know that, I found it in one of the posts. But perhaps it's an idea to edit your first post and add the URL there, so people don't have to search in the replies.

Archangel-Amael
11-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Added download link to Original post.

savioboyz
11-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Thank you very much Mr Archangel

spudgunman
11-23-2010, 06:39 PM
finally got around to testing this... wow dude awesome job!, I haven't got it hacking yet but that might have been me playing around with things too much.

not sure if this is expected but ...

IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted system call
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method wep_attack_dialog.crack_wep of <__main__.wep_attack_dialog object at 0xa11aaec>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "fern.py", line 1461, in crack_wep
commands.getstatusoutput('aircrack-ng /tmp/fern-log/WEP-DUMP/*.cap > /tmp/fern-log/WEP-DUMP/wep_key.txt')
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/commands.py", line 54, in getstatusoutput
text = pipe.read()
File "fern.py", line 1328, in next_try
tmp_variable = tuple(ivs_number)
TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method wep_attack_dialog.crack_wep of <__main__.wep_attack_dialog object at 0xa11aaac>>
commands.getstatusoutput('aircrack-ng /tmp/fern-log/WEP-DUMP/*.cap > /tmp/fern-log/WEP-DUMP/wep_key.txt')
text = pipe.read()
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method wep_attack_dialog.crack_wep of <__main__.wep_attack_dialog object at 0xa0a85ec>>
text = pipe.read()
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method wep_attack_dialog.crack_wep of <__main__.wep_attack_dialog object at 0xa11aaac>>

text = pipe.read()
text = pipe.read()
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method wep_attack_dialog.crack_wep of <__main__.wep_attack_dialog object at 0xa11aaec>>
text = pipe.read()
text = pipe.read()
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method wep_attack_dialog.crack_wep of <__main__.wep_attack_dialog object at 0xa0a85ec>>
text = pipe.read()

savioboyz
11-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks Spudgunman ....My Bad those exceptions are generated on line 1327

def next_try(self):
self.cracking_label.setEnabled(False)
self.cracking_label.setText('Cracking Encryption')
self.wep_status_label.setEnabled(True)
self.wep_status_label.setText('<font color=red>Key Not found at \t</font><font color=yellow>%s ivs</font><font color=red> \t will continue attack until key is found</font>'%(str(tmp_variable)))

That function was intended to display the next try on progress.. but i later replaced it with a more reliable code but forgot to take that function out since it was not longer needed... That function is called from a loop that captures ivs until wep is eventually cracked .. but since that function plays an obsolete part in the program... those exceptions will not affect the functionality of the cracking process, at all.. Key will still be cracked

spudgunman
11-24-2010, 01:21 AM
few other house keeping items...

I notice that if you close a window that is "attacking" that the process's associated with it arnt killed.

also if you kill the application any process's that it spawned arnt killed

also still haven't hacked anything yet.

aircrack-ng: no process killed
File "fern.py", line 1870, in dictionary_set
filename = filename_split[-1]
IndexError: list index out of range

savioboyz
11-24-2010, 07:25 PM
from the exceptions printed from your screen .. i could deduce 2 things.
you clicked the WPA button. then you clicked the browse button but did not select any wordlist..the "index error" was generated because the application could not process
the input ,because no wordlist was selected.if i used a message box to prompt user.That would be disturbing because each time the user clicked cancel the message box would execute again and again..the program uses "killall" command to kill processes. so the "aircrack-ng: no process killed" simply means that by the time you clicked the WPA button, aircrack was not killed because it was not found running in the memory.if the application is suddenly killed it only kills its created threads, but since the aircrack suite is an independent process being called..fern does not reach to kill it after a sudden close of the entire program. aircrack and its processes are controlled and killed at certain events.. You can browse the source code to find them (can't list all). but you could also kill all processes by the scan button.

Klaviatura
11-26-2010, 06:41 PM
How did you make suck a nice gui?

savioboyz
11-26-2010, 08:35 PM
How did you make suck a nice gui?

I used Qt.. Its a multi-platform gui api made by nokia, its used in the development of high quality gui application e.g 3d simulations as used by hollywood, flight simulations; .... and for mobile applications it is the main gui redering for simbians mobile OS, Pymoe,can be installed on windows mobile, Iphone e.t.c very extensive. you can see the numerous capabilities of Qt at Qt website. Check out the "About Us" in the website to see capabilities :)

Citruspers
11-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Actually, Qt was around for a much longer time (I think KDE made much use of it), and Nokia bought it and has big plans for it. :)

savioboyz
11-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Actually, Qt was around for a much longer time (I think KDE made much use of it), and Nokia bought it and has big plans for it. :)

Those plans are really promising... :)

falseteeth
11-27-2010, 03:10 AM
For some reason, I can't get the ARP replay attack to work. It works fine if I try it manually in the command line. Also, Chop Chop and Fragmentation work in FERN. With ARP replay though, it just sits at "Associating with Access Point" and "Injection is working on mon0." It never goes to "Injecting packets" though.

savioboyz
11-27-2010, 08:14 AM
For some reason, I can't get the ARP replay attack to work. It works fine if I try it manually in the command line. Also, Chop Chop and Fragmentation work in FERN. With ARP replay though, it just sits at "Associating with Access Point" and "Injection is working on mon0." It never goes to "Injecting packets" though.

OK..tried to trace bug but could not find it...it seems to works on my access point. which of the attacks did you launch.... try refreshing the Interface, selecting interface card again, then try Arp attack again.

LeeRock
12-06-2010, 03:46 AM
1. App keeps crashing while trying to crack WEP.
2. I'm running at 1920x1200. The font size is so small that it is unreadable.

inrikey
12-06-2010, 03:00 PM
nice GUI i'll try it hope to get success like the Gerix

savioboyz
12-06-2010, 08:57 PM
1. App keeps crashing while trying to crack WEP.
2. I'm running at 1920x1200. The font size is so small that it is unreadable.

Thank you.. ill start work on fixing those issues

kevin55
12-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey could anyone tell me step by step how to install this? I have the deb package, and i used dpkg to unpackage it. Now I am lost from here, I tried going to /usr/local/bin/Fern and run the execute.py but it did not work.

Any help is appreciated.

ondrovic
12-14-2010, 05:52 AM
Hey could anyone tell me step by step how to install this? I have the deb package, and i used dpkg to unpackage it. Now I am lost from here, I tried going to /usr/local/bin/Fern and run the execute.py but it did not work.

Any help is appreciated.

dpkg -i *.deb should do it then just python /usr/local/bin/Fern Wifi Cracker/execute.py

savioboyz
01-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Fern Wifi Cracker Version 1.2 is now Available

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9113/captureqe.png

Lots of code modifications have been done to this version of fern, most of the reported bugs since first post has all been fixed... and an update support has also been added to the program via svn.

The source code can be found at the same google code page:
http://code.google.com/p/fern-wifi-cracker/source/browse/#svn%2FFern-Wifi-Cracker

Since the program now has an update support, it means this will be the last of my posting about new versions on this thread.

if you have any bug report please report them.

wh1t3fang
01-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Looks like a very good tool. it will be nice for quick wi fi pentesting. It is convient for a quick way to do wep and wpa attacks.

savioboyz
01-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah, Thanks Dex1218

hellohello
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
great program, whatever you do don't give up on this, keep it going... it makes thinks much faster :)

thank you

savioboyz
01-17-2011, 03:49 AM
great program, whatever you do don't give up on this, keep it going... it makes thinks much faster :)

thank you

Thanks a million times hellohello... i really really appreciate that encouragement

purehate
01-17-2011, 04:27 AM
Seems this project is doing very well. I will download it and give it a proper review for inclusion in Backtrack. Keep up the good work and dont let any negative comments get you down.

savioboyz
01-17-2011, 04:51 AM
Seems this project is doing very well. I will download it and give it a proper review for inclusion in Backtrack. Keep up the good work and dont let any negative comments get you down.

OMG!... That would be an honor Sir.. Thanks A LOT Mr Purehate!

hellohello
01-17-2011, 06:18 AM
although I have not posted so much on the forums I have been watching and learning a lot.

although I know all the commands to do job this program is a time saver, what could take 5 minutes doing commands and stuff this program can do in less then a minuet sometimes.

looking at a screen on a computer on the road is dangerous, and this program lowers that danger by over 80%

I think this program will do well and will become very popular in a short amount of time, so I hope the community will work hard at perfecting its functionality and implement this program into backtrack, this will save much time in trying to figure things out.

best regards to the programmers of this program and many thanks for all the hard work.

I also would highly recommend that this program be a sticky on this this forum for easy finding, i feel its worth for everyone to try.

again, great work!

Alaska_Nebreska
01-17-2011, 05:07 PM
First of all, thank you for trying. It's very pretty. But it just doesn't work.

When first executed, Fern changes my screen res from 1024x768 to 800x600 and then back to 1024x768. Why?

After Fern is loaded, I perform the initial scan, I'd like to tell what text is displayed beside the button, but I'm not getting up to walk over and read it...it's sooooooooooo small. Once the initial scan is complete this is the info displayed:

Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method mainwindow.scan_wep of <__main__.mainwind ow object at 0xb743592c>>
File "fern.py", line 723, in scan_wep
detail_process1 = process[iterate]

When I exit Fern, in the term box, I see this:

airmon-ng: no process killed

Even if Fern loaded up and functioned properly, everything is far too small to read.

At this point, for me, I don't like it.

I am brutally honest, so take nothing personal from what I've said.
I really do think it's pretty to look at.

I'm running BT4-R2 fully up to date, and Fern 1.2

Thanks

savioboyz
01-18-2011, 06:14 AM
First of all, thank you for trying. It's very pretty. But it just doesn't work.

When first executed, Fern changes my screen res from 1024x768 to 800x600 and then back to 1024x768. Why?

After Fern is loaded, I perform the initial scan, I'd like to tell what text is displayed beside the button, but I'm not getting up to walk over and read it...it's sooooooooooo small. Once the initial scan is complete this is the info displayed:

Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method mainwindow.scan_wep of <__main__.mainwind ow object at 0xb743592c>>

When I exit Fern, in the term box, I see this:

Even if Fern loaded up and functioned properly, everything is far too small to read.

At this point, for me, I don't like it.

I am brutally honest, so take nothing personal from what I've said.
I really do think it's pretty to look at.

I'm running BT4-R2 fully up to date, and Fern 1.2

Thanks

ALrigt Alaska_Nebreska i understand your complains, while building fern i did not use any of the Qt Layouts because they did not allow me position the buttons and labels the way i wanted them. but although this ccomes with a disadvantage.. it will depend on a particular resolution to fit the program button and label properly. if you run the application at that 1024x768 with out first of all running at a suitable resolution, the texts will overlap or some text will become big and long to an extent that some get hidden, thats why the program does the adjustments , i explained this resolution adjustment in the google code page of which it is hosted...

That exception is a bug i can get fixed:

for the "aircrack-ng: no pprocess killed ":

A user once reported that after closing up fern, the processes it called were still running.

therefore when you closed the application, that print out means that while you closed the appplication , aircrack and airmon-ng were not found running in the memeory
it would have also showed airodump-ng no process killed, but it did not print that airodump-ng no process killed ,beacuse it actually found the process in memory and killed it to free memory

run the aplication this way to initialize with the 1024x768 res:

python /usr/local/bin/Fern-Wifi-Cracker/fern.py

Then please report back.

Thanks Alaska_Nebreska

savioboyz
01-18-2011, 06:28 AM
although I have not posted so much on the forums I have been watching and learning a lot.

although I know all the commands to do job this program is a time saver, what could take 5 minutes doing commands and stuff this program can do in less then a minuet sometimes.

looking at a screen on a computer on the road is dangerous, and this program lowers that danger by over 80%

I think this program will do well and will become very popular in a short amount of time, so I hope the community will work hard at perfecting its functionality and implement this program into backtrack, this will save much time in trying to figure things out.

best regards to the programmers of this program and many thanks for all the hard work.

I also would highly recommend that this program be a sticky on this this forum for easy finding, i feel its worth for everyone to try.

again, great work!

Thank you very much HelloHello .. Highly esteemed..

savioboyz
01-18-2011, 08:33 AM

Thanks

That Bug has been fixed

Update to revision 52

Although there's nothing wrong with this output: nevertheless the function has been replaced with another similar alternative
That is from : "os.system()" to "commands.getstatusoutput()"

To verify the fact that , that ouput does not signify and exception:
try this on terminal :

"killall ping" Notice the output, it will return "ping: no process killed", because ping was not running on your memory

then fireup ping like this to keep the process busy "ping 127.0.0.1"

run "killall ping" again in another instance of terminal and notice the output

pieface
03-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Just got around to trying this out. It worked as should and will deffo save me a few key strokes when needed.

Keep up the good work.

snowman58
03-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find the answer.

Can this be added to the BT3/BT4 Live CD so it can be run similar to other pen testing tools?

Thanks for answering dumb questions!

sickness
03-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find the answer.

Can this be added to the BT3/BT4 Live CD so it can be run similar to other pen testing tools?

Thanks for answering dumb questions!

There is a tutorial on the Wiki on how to customize your iso.

dreammed
03-20-2011, 08:43 PM
let i check

longjidin
03-21-2011, 09:25 PM
so many GUI for crack the wireless password.......!but i still like using the Old School (CMD) love the aircrack-ng..happy hunting!

BushRat
03-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Great program....

sostentado
04-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Really great, but it's having a problem running on Kubuntu 10.10 with all dependencies installed.

savioboyz
04-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Really great, but it's having a problem running on Kubuntu 10.10 with all dependencies installed.

Could you send me a detailed description of the problem?....

intertan
04-22-2011, 09:05 PM
I like this program but would like to see something added.
1. when wpa is selected it would be nice to have it save the handshake .cap file instead of letting fern do the work.
I only ask this due to gpu programs like pyrit are much faster than what the cpu can do.

savioboyz
04-22-2011, 09:58 PM
I like this program but would like to see something added.
1. when wpa is selected it would be nice to have it save the handshake .cap file instead of letting fern do the work.
I only ask this due to gpu programs like pyrit are much faster than what the cpu can do.

Ill add this feature on the next major update...

intertan
04-24-2011, 04:13 PM
another suggestion, in the key data base how about including the bssid for the AP?

shadi
04-24-2011, 09:39 PM
good work man
when i click search i got this word ( not associated ) can u add -a option beside the search command so this word will be gone

http://i.imgur.com/uuq73.jpg

airodump-ng mon0 -a --channel 6

when u add -a this word ( not associated ) will not show up again thank you so much

savioboyz
04-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks Shadi, ill also add that filter to the next update,

I would really appreciate future addition request from anyone who had a new idea and would like that added to the program.
Thanks you all
:)