PDA

View Full Version : .htaccess help (using httpd cgi)

devilsson2010
12-22-2008, 04:42 PM
I started the apache server by going to KMenu > Services > HTTPD > Start HTTPD CGI (or something close to it). It start successfully and says the root is at /var/www/htdocs/. What I need to do is to make a .htaccess file that redirects all pages and 404 errors to the index.html page, with this code:

ErrorDocument 404 /index.html
redirect / /index.html

The only problem is that I can't seem to get the .htaccess file to work. It doesn't show up in the browser, or when using ls to list the files, but I know it's there because if I nano /var/www/htdocs/.htaccess, I can view it and edit it.

I think I might be putting it in the wrong spot, (obviously it's in the /var/ww/htdocs/ folder right now). Any help is welcome, thanks.

wick86
12-22-2008, 05:00 PM
I started the apache server by going to KMenu > Services > HTTPD > Start HTTPD CGI (or something close to it). It start successfully and says the root is at /var/www/htdocs/. What I need to do is to make a .htaccess file that redirects all pages and 404 errors to the index.html page, with this code:

ErrorDocument 404 /index.html
redirect / /index.html

The only problem is that I can't seem to get the .htaccess file to work. It doesn't show up in the browser, or when using ls to list the files, but I know it's there because if I nano /var/www/htdocs/.htaccess, I can view it and edit it.

I think I might be putting it in the wrong spot, (obviously it's in the /var/ww/htdocs/ folder right now). Any help is welcome, thanks.

.htaccess is a hidden file thats what the . is for try ls -a

devilsson2010
12-22-2008, 06:05 PM
.htaccess is a hidden file thats what the . is for try ls -a

Much better :) , but any tips for the whole not-working part of it?