PDA

View Full Version : check dhcp recent clients..even after lease expired? time runing out

MonkeyPoo
12-08-2008, 05:54 PM
hi there, i may sound like an a$$ for asking this, but I am afraid my chances will be lost to obtain any information.

yesterday on my router i noticed a client who i was not aware of on my network. the host name was set to "iphone". i put it aside and went to to other things only to forget that the lease might run out (as it did) and i could not get any information on the unknown guest.

is there a way i can download cache from my router, and yes this is my router i have full physical access to it and know its password, and where i could look for to get info out of it

it runs on DDWRT v24mega
linksys 600 N dual band

i have bt3 beta and bt2 final. any tools that woudl help me would be great. i jsut never had to do this so i dont know where i should look first.

help please, i dont want it to get overwritten with new data

MonkeyPoo
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
correct me if im wrong, or does should this thread go under wireless?

MonkeyPoo
12-08-2008, 09:47 PM
great insight guys... no seriously over 19 views and no one knows anything or would like to point me in the right direction?

im not asking for a spoon feed, i just need to kno what type of procedure i might have to look into.

Virchanza
12-08-2008, 10:36 PM
The only info you'll get is his MAC address. You can get his MAC address using airodump. Or, it might be in the router settings as follows:

Advanced->LAN->DHCP->Active leases

Something along those lines.

You can't do anything with his MAC address by the way, you won't gain anything from knowing it.

purehate
12-08-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure if dd-wrt logs by default. You may need to turn it on. If I were you I would ssh in and check the /var/log directory. I use openwrt but it would go like this..
purehate@pwnsauce ~$ ssh root@192.168.2.100

BusyBox v1.4.2 (2008-06-10 07:23:18 CDT) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

_______ ________ __
| |.-----.-----.-----.| | | |.----.| |_
| - || _ | -__| || | | || _|| _|
|_______|| __|_____|__|__||________||__| |____|
|__| W I R E L E S S F R E E D O M
KAMIKAZE (7.09) -----------------------------------
* 10 oz Vodka Shake well with ice and strain
* 10 oz Triple sec mixture into 10 shot glasses.
* 10 oz lime juice Salute!
---------------------------------------------------
root@OpenWrt:~# cd /var/log
root@OpenWrt:~/log# ls
lastlog wtmp
root@OpenWrt:~/log# cat lastlog

Barry
12-09-2008, 06:58 AM
dd-wrt's logs are at http://your-router-ip/Log.asp they will also be at /var/log/ if you ssh into it. Mine logs nothing since it is only acting as an access point, my Smoothwall box logs all the dhcp stuff. I can't remember if the logs are turned on by default either, but I have mine logging everything and the logs are empty because it's not really doing any routing.