PDA

View Full Version : no wireless extensions

10-31-2008, 08:56 PM
After reading 4 days now and trying to get this wireless card going,im about 2 give up.
I have read every thread purtaneing to my problem but havent found the info 4 my situation,or i have but its not working 4 me,

iwconfig
lo, no wireless devices
eth0, no wireless devices.

its not seeing my card for some reason,
im running a ibm thinkpad A/T/X/series(T30) With xp pro as the main OS,and have installed BT3final to the HD
i think the chipset is Intel 82845 845 Brookdale rev 04
with a SoftGate 802.11b wirless PCMCIA card.(WavePlus)
in xp i can see my 2 network adapters in device manager,and can connect 2 my home modem/router,and surf no probs.
in device manager=
Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
WavePlus WP 1200 802.11b Wireless PCMCIA Card

when i run lspci,Ethernet controller is there but not my network controller.
short of trying ndiswrapper,or autoNDIS, i have browsed a thousound different forums,and tryed many diff methods but no success,i seen on wiki that the ibm T30 is a compatible laptop,so i dont see what 2 do,
any help would be great,if i missed any needed info just let me know.
Thank you very much......................66213

Recycle
10-31-2008, 09:21 PM
I couldn't find the WavePlus chipset on the hardware list.

hxxp://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/HCL:Wireless

10-31-2008, 09:34 PM
No me neither,and i just found out that waveplus is not supported by linux.
hxxp://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_chipset.php?chipset=WavePlus+WP1200
So do i install a chipset into the card that does work?
or could i install a linux based driver 4 the intel 100,i think i found one,but not 2 sure how2 install it....... rpmbuilder is not working,or im doing it wrong.
is there a how2 on loading drivers in linux?
so can anyone suggest something?
or should i just use ndiswrapper?
thanks 4 the reply Recycle.....

11-01-2008, 11:54 AM
So no help ah?hmmmm
what are the disadvantages 2 using ndiswrapper?some tools and attacks wont work?
thanks again.im sorry 4 being a pain,but this has got me so frustrated,i cant stop trying 2 figure it out.going on 5 days now.lol

Barry
11-01-2008, 01:13 PM
So no help ah?hmmmm
what are the disadvantages 2 using ndiswrapper?some tools and attacks wont work?
thanks again.im sorry 4 being a pain,but this has got me so frustrated,i cant stop trying 2 figure it out.going on 5 days now.lol

Ndiswrapper uses windows drivers, so no injection, maybe no monitor mode. I'm not too sure as I try to use supported hardware, and don't use ndis drivers.

imported_=Tron=
11-02-2008, 08:21 AM
So no help ah?hmmmm
Ndiswrapper uses windows drivers, so no injection, maybe no monitor mode. I'm not too sure as I try to use supported hardware, and don't use ndis drivers.That is correct, using ndiswrapper to control your card will leave you with very crippled support for your card and only allow you to use it in managed mode. This means no monitor mode as Barry says, no injection and no access to any advanced settings (like TX rate etc.) that your hardware might support.

11-02-2008, 11:30 AM
That is correct, using ndiswrapper to control your card will leave you with very crippled support for your card and only allow you to use it in managed mode. This means no monitor mode as Barry says, no injection and no access to any advanced settings (like TX rate etc.) that your hardware might support.
Thankz guys,so Tron any suggestions?
i think i found the right linux driver,e100-3.5.17.tar.gz
so if i install it while running backtrack that should do it?
thanks again.......
Alright im going with the driver install,but now im at make install,and im getting kernel error.
Makefile:65: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop.
any ideas?

11-04-2008, 05:03 PM
So nobody has ever seen this error?
i know im new 2 the site,but this is no way 2 keep peeps here or get new 1s.
does anyone have any clue as 2 why im getting this error?Makefile:65: *** """""""Makefile:65: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop."""""""""
THANK YOU VERY MUCH 4 ANY HELP................................:cool:

imported_Speedy
11-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Linux kernel source not found

The CD version of backtrack didn't include the kernal sources. USB version did.

Search the forums, seem to remember that someone .LZM'ed one.

regards

imported_=Tron=
11-05-2008, 03:21 AM
So nobody has ever seen this error?
i know im new 2 the site,but this is no way 2 keep peeps here or get new 1s.
does anyone have any clue as 2 why im getting this error?Makefile:65: *** """""""Makefile:65: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop."""""""""
THANK YOU VERY MUCH 4 ANY HELP................................:cool:As Speedy states you are most likely missing the kernel headers. They can be downloaded here (http://www.offensive-security.com/kernel.lzm)and installed using the following command:
lzm2dir kernel.lzm /