PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about BT3

Mortifix
10-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I am running BT3 through VMware and I was trying to setup Samba so I can transfer files between the two, but it appears to be much different than bt2 because I can't get Samba to load.

Also, I was trying to install BT3 to my HDD, but from what I understand there is an install script now? If so, were would I find this script?

This is kind of off-topic, but is there any handheld device that is capable of packet injection?

Shavx
10-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Question 2 = Installing BT3 from the terminal is much better than the script

Question 3 = no.

imported_=Tron=
10-23-2008, 02:54 PM
This is kind of off-topic, but is there any handheld device that is capable of packet injection?
Question 3 = no.Well strictly speaking that is not completely true. Although it will require an external wireless dongle the Openmoko Neo Freerunner is able to inject. Take a look at the following page for more details on this and the project that makes it possible:
www.neopwn.com

Barry
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Well strictly speaking that is not completely true. Although it will require an external wireless dongle the Openmoko Neo Freerunner is able to inject. Take a look at the following page for more details on this and the project that makes it possible:
www.neopwn.com

I think they got injection working with the nokia N800/N810 handhelds too, but don't hold me to that. You could also use a Sharp Zaurus with the same wifi dongle as the openmoko. There's also the closed source Silica (http://www.immunitysec.com/products-silica.shtml) devices. If you really want to go nuts you can use one of the gumstix computers as well.

imported_BaconZombie
10-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Since Nokia will not release the source for the drives on the N8x0 injection is only working via a external NIC and powered hub.

I think they got injection working with the nokia N800/N810 handhelds too, but don't hold me to that. You could also use a Sharp Zaurus with the same wifi dongle as the openmoko. There's also the closed source Silica (http://www.immunitysec.com/products-silica.shtml) devices. If you really want to go nuts you can use one of the gumstix computers as well.

Barry
10-24-2008, 05:45 AM
Since Nokia will not release the source for the drives on the N8x0 injection is only working via a external NIC and powered hub.

Okay, so basically everything I posted needs the same wifi dongle as the openmoko. Not as neat and tidy, but it would work. :D

Mortifix
10-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Well strictly speaking that is not completely true. Although it will require an external wireless dongle the Openmoko Neo Freerunner is able to inject. Take a look at the following page for more details on this and the project that makes it possible:
www.neopwn.com

Nice, were can you buy one of those?

imported_=Tron=
10-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Nice, were can you buy one of those?Did you check the link in the message by me that you quoted? If you are simply interested in the device itself without the needed configurations in order for it to be able to inject etc. it can be ordered here (http://www.openmoko.com/).