PDA

View Full Version : preferred wifi tools?

merderah
09-05-2008, 11:23 PM
just wanted some feedback from others on what their favorite tools are for wifi business. everyone gives lots of praise to aircrack-ng however i found for simple WEP oriented business SPoonWEP is retarded easy for the job (and with a GUI for newbs or people who don't like to type much).

anyone care to share what their fave wifi toys are?

Munkey106
09-06-2008, 12:25 AM
driftnet is fun.

imported_wyze
09-06-2008, 01:46 AM
anyone care to share what their fave toys are?

The SEARCH feature, as this same exact topic pops up about once a week.

merderah
09-06-2008, 09:51 PM
The SEARCH feature, as this same exact topic pops up about once a week.

well that was most certainly some wyze advice ;)

holyiosef
09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
SpoonWEP is pretty easy, isn't it? I think Airoscript is pretty good, but still like to do things in the shell with aircrack-ng.

merderah
09-10-2008, 11:22 PM
SpoonWEP is pretty easy, isn't it? I think Airoscript is pretty good, but still like to do things in the shell with aircrack-ng.

while the shell will always be the absolute way to do things, sometimes these toys help speed up the process. SpoonWEP is nice, same with SpoonWPA, albeit takes a tad more time than SpoonWEP.

F4LSE
09-12-2008, 09:22 AM
well that was most certainly some wyze advice ;)

oh now thats just too clever :P

Nokii
09-27-2008, 12:54 AM
just wanted some feedback from others on what their favorite tools are for wifi business.
anyone care to share what their fave wifi toys are?

I like BT3 so much I bought a USB drive just for it (but there is plenty of room for other tools too).

Spoon is simple but you need to read some tutorials and you can write a script that will do way faster than SpoonWEP.

A cool disk (not as great as BT3, but great nonetheless) is:

OSWA Assistant 0.9.0.5e (released 8 Aug 08):
hxxp://oswa-assistant.securitystartshere.org/
hxxp://securitystartshere.org/downloads/oswa-assistant.iso

It is based on old Debian and the drivers are old (download new MadWiFi and use MagicISO to fit them in) but the
"walkthrough help" is great and it has a couple of tools that BT3 does not have (I like the Splash and Wallpaper too).
It is reasonably 'professional' and has beginner / expert modes.

You can never have to many tools (assuming you know how to use them).

Nokii