PDA

View Full Version : (POLL) What is the most effective aircrack-ng attack?

alacrityathome
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Well, I don't think Remote Exploit has a POLL capability but I wanted to ask others in the forum which of the aircrack-ng attacks they felt was the most effective under the following conditions:

...wep AP security
...no wireless clients
...inactive wired client
...no pinging of non-existent web sites from a wired client
...moderate distance from AP (not too close or too far away)

With shamanvituale's Spoonweb2 it is now easy to quickly test a 100 combinations of pcmcia, usb, and internal wireless cards under different aircrack-ng attack modes and different AP and client conditions.

I only found the aireplay-ng -2 -p 0841 attack to consistently succeed with an immediate high #s per second rate and a quick aircrack-ng crack.

Have others found any different results.....or make any suggestions under these conditions?

Many thanks,

Alacrity

imported_=Tron=
08-23-2008, 11:34 AM
I only found the aireplay-ng -2 -p 0841 attack to consistently succeed with an immediate high #s per second rate and a quick aircrack-ng crack.This attack mode will always be the fastest one for generating IVs as it will allow you to replay any intercepted packet to the AP. Only thing one needs to keep in mind is that unless you manually pick an ARP packet using this mode, you will have to use the older KoreK mode in aircrack-ng in order to be able to calculate the WEP key using the collected IVs.

imported_wyze
08-24-2008, 04:08 AM
IMO, polls are for poles... besides, you already posted the same one in the Aircrack-ng forum where you got some very clear answers.

http://tinyshell.be/aircrackng/forum/index.php?topic=4012.0

:confused::confused::confused: