PDA

View Full Version : Persistant changes problems

Tiptoe
08-09-2008, 10:02 AM
I had followed a previous thread on Persistant Changes but hoped to get a reply by reposting here.

I will be setting up a 'image' of my usb key for other n00bers to use which will make it even easier then it is now (may even cut down the posts on the forum!)

I have setup the usb key and added changes=/dev/sdd3/changes to the syslinux.cfg file (if i added /dev/sda2/changes i get the usual error asking to reboot) and created the /changes folder in thew root of the ext3 partition. When i look into the changes folder there is now loads of folders.

If i look on qtparted is shows:-

01 /dev/sda1 fat32
02 /dev/sda3 linux swap
03 /dev/sda2 ext3

Is that right as I have found is if create a txt file on the desktop and reboot the BT3 the file no longer appears .. Is there a way to commit the changes ..i'm guessing i have n00bed up somewhere?!

Also currently I am running a script to load the latest 3.01 rt73 driver in a script - can this be done on a bootup automatically as I can't see how to make a lzm file ...

Tiptoe
08-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Come on guys i'm trying to put something back into the forum with what i'm doing ...

Barry
08-10-2008, 04:59 PM
I had followed a previous thread on Persistant Changes but hoped to get a reply by reposting here.

I will be setting up a 'image' of my usb key for other n00bers to use which will make it even easier then it is now (may even cut down the posts on the forum!)

I have setup the usb key and added changes=/dev/sdd3/changes to the syslinux.cfg file (if i added /dev/sda2/changes i get the usual error asking to reboot) and created the /changes folder in thew root of the ext3 partition. When i look into the changes folder there is now loads of folders.

If i look on qtparted is shows:-

01 /dev/sda1 fat32
02 /dev/sda3 linux swap
03 /dev/sda2 ext3

Is that right as I have found is if create a txt file on the desktop and reboot the BT3 the file no longer appears .. Is there a way to commit the changes ..i'm guessing i have n00bed up somewhere?!

Also currently I am running a script to load the latest 3.01 rt73 driver in a script - can this be done on a bootup automatically as I can't see how to make a lzm file ...

There's your problem. Reread the how to.

chivar.of.makati.ph
08-13-2008, 03:19 AM

the proper syntax for that is as follows
changes=/dev/sdaX

Tiptoe
08-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Cheers for the replies, it seemed that after i did a reinstall following another guide from PureH@te and created the changes folder and repointed to changes=dev/sda3/changes it did the reboot error.

I have now got it to point to remove the changes path and it works fine now.

changes=dev/sda3/

chivar.of.makati.ph
08-13-2008, 03:52 AM
issue resolved thread closed :)