PDA

View Full Version : How to add aircrack-ptw to BT3

bystander
08-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Can someone point me to the right direction how to add aircrack-ptw to BT3? I've been using it in BT2, and loved it.

PrairieFire
08-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Can someone point me to the right direction how to add aircrack-ptw to BT3? I've been using it in BT2, and loved it.

Already Integrated into Current revisions of Aircrack-ng....

Aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured. It implements the standard FMS attack along with some optimizations like KoreK attacks, as well as the all-new PTW attack, thus making the attack much faster compared to other WEP cracking tools. In fact, Aircrack-ng is a set of tools for auditing wireless networks.

larryhaja
08-06-2008, 11:13 PM
As PrairieFire pointed out, aircrack-ptw is no longer needed. Aircrack-ng has incorporated it since version 0.9. But if you really feel the need to have it then just follow the instructions on this page.

http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index.php/Howto:aircrack_ptw

imported_=Tron=
08-07-2008, 03:20 AM
As PrairieFire pointed out, aircrack-ptw is no longer needed. Aircrack-ng has incorporated it since version 0.9. But if you really feel the need to have it then just follow the instructions on this page.And before the OP asks there is no need to specify the PTW method in the integrated version of aircrack-ng in BT3F, which by the way is more up to date than the aircrack-ptw one, as it is used by default. If you on the other hand wish to use the older KoreK method, you have to use the -K option.

bystander
08-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. I did not know it was incorporated in BT3F. Just to confirm one thing. Now with the incorporated aircrack, does it still require millions of IVs as compared to ~ 40K with aircrack-ptw?
This is basically why I prefer ptw.

imported_=Tron=
08-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the replies. I did not know it was incorporated in BT3F. Just to confirm one thing. Now with the incorporated aircrack, does it still require millions of IVs as compared to ~ 40K with aircrack-ptw?
This is basically why I prefer ptw.Well what would you think, seeing as the PTW method is used by default in the included aircrack-ng, as stated in my last post?

TIP: No it will not require any more IVs than using aircrack-ptw.