PDA

View Full Version : Metasploit in BT3

ranees
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
When i tried to exploit a windows system using metasploit, it failed by saying that "the server appears to be patched". What does it mean?

I used the exploit 'smb_relay' and payload 'shell_reverse_tcp'.

whats the error? plz help.

imported_=Tron=
08-06-2008, 02:11 PM
When i tried to exploit a windows system using metasploit, it failed by saying that "the server appears to be patched". What does it mean?

I used the exploit 'smb_relay' and payload 'shell_reverse_tcp'.

whats the error? plz help.Damn I hate these cryptic error messages.. What could it possibly be? :confused:

caturix
08-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Damn I hate these cryptic error messages.. What could it possibly be? :confused:

"appears" does leave some room for question. Perhaps the action only appeared to fail and he actually pwned the box.

imported_=Tron=
08-06-2008, 02:21 PM
"appears" does leave some room for question. Perhaps the action only appeared to fail and he actually pwned the box.Without any additional information about the target box, other than that it is running Windows, he surely cannot expect us to be able to tell him anything besides the fact that the target system probably is patched against the vulnerability.

DeadWolf
08-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Without any additional information about the target box, other than that it is running Windows, he surely cannot expect us to be able to tell him anything besides the fact that the target system probably is patched against the vulnerability.

He should just be glad he didn't get the blank command prompt from metasploit instead, thus no error, just the prompt right in the middle of the auto-pwn.

Infinite-Wait-State :eek:

grikster
08-06-2008, 11:26 PM
He should just be glad he didn't get the blank command prompt from metasploit instead, thus no error, just the prompt right in the middle of the auto-pwn.

Infinite-Wait-State :eek:

If that happens he could be looking and waiting, as we speak :D

Funny thread, wonder what it could be the problem.

Gotta love distraction

ranees
08-07-2008, 02:14 AM
sorry for late reply..

What information u need about the target system?

I tried to exploit in fast-track too..i got the same result :(

caturix
08-07-2008, 09:31 AM
sorry for late reply..

What information u need about the target system?

I tried to exploit in fast-track too..i got the same result :(

I don't think you are going to make much headway with the back end by changing the front end...

ranees
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Can any1 tell me what it is meant by "server appears to be patched" ??
Whats the error?
Is it bcoz it cant find any vulnerabilities on the target system?

secure_it
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Can any1 tell me what it is meant by "server appears to be patched" ??
Whats the error?
Is it bcoz it cant find any vulnerabilities on the target system?
First perform a Nmap scan on target and try to get the open ports and services.it may be that SMB service is disabled e.g. NetBIOS & NBT is disbled.check the nmap scanning results.
Error is citing clearly the fact that the exploit which you are trying to run is getting fail because of that vulnerability is got patched by MS.are you using xp sp2 or sp3 with latest patches? try to execute same exploit on non-patched windows.