PDA

View Full Version : Multiboot results in kernel panic?

phreak0ut
08-03-2008, 05:34 AM
Hi,
Before I could post, I've looked around the Net and tried different things which others have suggested, but hasn't work. The problem I'm facing now(and on BT2) is that if there are more than 3 OSs, BT shows a kernel panic and fails to boot. When I first encountered this, I thought that I hadn't burned the CD right or the checksum had failed. BT3 works perfectly, if I limit my OSs to 3, including BT. I'm not sure if this is a bug or is something going wrong during the boot. Could you guys, please help me out?

phreak0ut
08-10-2008, 03:42 AM
Can anyone please tell me what is happening? :-/

imported_=Tron=
08-10-2008, 03:54 AM
Can anyone please tell me what is happening? :-/Giving some more specific information about the set-up would probably result in some helpful advice. However, based on the information given thus far I cannot really think of any reason why, if properly set up, having multiple operating systems present would result in kernel panic.

phreak0ut
08-10-2008, 08:40 AM
More specific? Should I give you my fstab entry? I'm running Vista, Fedora 7 and Opensuse 11 for a start. Please tell me what more information I could provide.