PDA

View Full Version : Linksys WUSB54GC doesn't work with BT3

thrive
07-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I just bought the Linksys WUSB54GC after seeing on the BT3 HCL:wireless wiki that it works...

So I tried it and still had the same problem as I did with the D-Link WUA-1340, when I go to wireless assistant or use airodump-ng it doesn't find any wireless networks when I know for a fact that my own network is up and running..

imported_wyze
07-17-2008, 09:12 PM
I just bought the Linksys WUSB54GC after seeing on the BT3 HCL:wireless wiki that it works...

So I tried it and still had the same problem as I did with the D-Link WUA-1340, when I go to wireless assistant or use airodump-ng it doesn't find any wireless networks when I know for a fact that my own network is up and running..

This is an obvious case of user error, as I know for fact as well as others do that this card works.

Try listing the specific commands you have executed to get the card up.

thrive
07-17-2008, 09:15 PM
This is an obvious case of user error, as I know for fact as well as others do that this card works.

Try listing the specific commands you have executed to get the card up.

I just ran BT3 looked under wireless assistant, hit refresh like 3 times and it found zero wireless networks....

then, I opened a shell and executed airodump-ng rausb0...still zero wireless networks found.

I also tried using my desktop which also had the same problem (zero wireless networks found)

thrive
07-17-2008, 09:18 PM
ok through some MIRACLE of unplugging the dongle and plugging it back in into another USB port it found networks... ok ill prob be back with more problems soon :)

imported_wyze
07-17-2008, 10:37 PM
I just ran BT3 looked under wireless assistant, hit refresh like 3 times and it found zero wireless networks....

A bit of advice - 1) wireless assistant sucks 2) use the CLI to manage cards

secure_it
07-28-2008, 06:44 PM
ok through some MIRACLE of unplugging the dongle and plugging it back in into another USB port it found networks... ok ill prob be back with more problems soon :)
nothing is miracle there.things dont work on miracle.do the following
attach either usb NIC after properly booting BT3
or
use ifconfig rausb0 down
modprobe -r rt73
modprobe rt73
airodump-ng rausb0 #monitor mode)
aireplay-ng -9 rausb0 #Injection test

iwconfig rausb0 mode managed <essid> <key> #Infrastructure/managed mode
dhcpcd rausb0

things would work perfact.actually physiclly detaching and re-attaching USB NIC might damage then you have to say its miracle again lol.:D

Barry
07-28-2008, 07:06 PM
nothing is miracle there.things dont work on miracle.do the following
attach either usb NIC after properly booting BT3
or
use ifconfig rausb0 down
modprobe -r rt73
modprobe rt73
airodump-ng rausb0 #monitor mode)
aireplay-ng -9 rausb0 #Injection test

iwconfig rausb0 mode managed <essid> <key> #Infrastructure/managed mode
dhcpcd rausb0

things would work perfact.actually physiclly detaching and re-attaching USB NIC might damage then you have to say its miracle again lol.:D

Dude, you're still missing spaces between your periods and the next sentence.
:D

secure_it
07-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Dude, you're still missing spaces between your periods and the next sentence.
:D
Should I join your class barry.:D people asking same thing again n again.it has been said already about that thing.I assume one day this forum would become WUSB54GC Forum.

Barry
07-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Should I join your class barry.:D people asking same thing again n again.it has been said already about that thing.I assume one day this forum would become WUSB54GC Forum.

Makes it kind of hard to read, that's all. :D

secure_it
07-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Makes it kind of hard to read, that's all. :D
I was kidding barry.I would try to improve it.thanks buddy.

caballero
08-04-2008, 08:32 AM

I bought it and I've returned it next day, 'cause it even sucks so much more than my integrated ipw2200. Maybe you can see your AP if it's in visible range, but if you're living in a brick house and between you and AP there's a wall, god forbid - two walls... then you're doomed. I was always thinking realistic - if you want to do real pentesting you have to put yourself in hackers place. And for hacker nobody's giving an AP on the plate, usually it's in considerable distance. And if I understand correctly the base of pentesting: the better connection/range/coverage the better chance of success. Over and out.