PDA

View Full Version : Compiz on BT3

sentral
07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Hey,

can anyone supply me a link to a guide or a guide to install compiz or compiz fusion?

cause when i tried it i get this error : compiz (core) - Fatal: No composite extension

Thanks in advance

Barry
07-14-2008, 12:31 PM
It's already installed in the usb version. Does your video card support it?

sentral
07-14-2008, 12:35 PM
hey, yeah it supports it, i got it working with the ubuntu successfully but i cant seem to get it working with backtrack, so im not sure what the problem is

o yeah im not using the usb version

ShadowKill
07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey,

can anyone supply me a link to a guide or a guide to install compiz or compiz fusion?

cause when i tried it i get this error : compiz (core) - Fatal: No composite extension

Thanks in advance

I have a tutorial in the BT3 Final : HOW-TO section detailing this exact thing. Have a look

Barry
07-14-2008, 02:28 PM
hey, yeah it supports it, i got it working with the ubuntu successfully but i cant seem to get it working with backtrack, so im not sure what the problem is

o yeah im not using the usb version

Well there's your problem.

benny_after_midnight
07-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I wrote this, it may help:
hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=13572

sentral
07-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Hey guys thanks for all the help, and finally i solved the problem and yet i dont have a nvidia graphic card, and i found a way to do it without having the need for nvidia grahic card, it took me ages, but now im happy! hahahaha

Thanks, the guide that you guys had supplied me with did indeed help me :D

and by the way, you guys can still do it without having to do another installation of backtrack, if you want to know how please contact (pm) me, i will try to help you in any way i can

ShadowKill
07-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the help, and finally i solved the problem and yet i dont have a nvidia graphic card, and i found a way to do it without having the need for nvidia grahic card, it took me ages, but now im happy! hahahaha

Thanks, the guide that you guys had supplied me with did indeed help me :D

and by the way, you guys can still do it without having to do another installation of backtrack, if you want to know how please contact (pm) me, i will try to help you in any way i can

Just post your steps here. It's pretty much forum policy, not to mention good karma, to share how you solved your problem publicy, on the thread.

merderah
07-25-2008, 02:25 PM
you know i did this on my intel integrated vid card too, i'll post my xorg.conf for all to peep when i get home. people were complaining "oh i can't get my pretty desktop cuuuube", and in reality, it's very simple the change you need to do. obviously compiz and python packages are a necessity - well, python actually just makes editing compiz's effects retarded easy thru gui.

try adding this to xorg.conf

# Add these lines in the place of your Module Section, if there isn't one, make one.

Section "Module"
Load "bitmap"

Load "ddc"

Load "dbe"

Load "dri"

Load "extmod"

Load "freetype"

Load "glx"

Load "int10"

Load "type1"

Load "vbe"

EndSection