PDA

View Full Version : ATI drivers (ati.lzm) for BT3

cbservices
07-03-2008, 08:22 AM
I've read all sorts of stuff about the ati.lzm module that needs to be installed for newer ATI graphics chipsets to work.

I've found the ati.lzm module for BT2 on backtrack.offensive-security.com (would post the URL, but I haven't made 15 posts....)

Googling for ati.lzm related to BT3, though, just gets a lot of results of people saying "You need to install the ati.lzm module for this to work," but no links of where to get it for BT3.

Will the BT2 module work for BT3? Or would I be better off using the ATI driver installer binary from ATI's website?

I suppose I could always try both, and see if anything blows up.
It's not like it's particularly difficult to reinstall BT3.....

Mexicant
08-24-2008, 12:33 AM
The download from the ATI site worked for me. Just don't try the module creation business as it never seemed to work. I ran the installer then you have to run a configuration command (Can't remember offhand, think it was aticonfig --initial or something to that effect) for it to take. I've got persistent changes setup on my external HDD and it's been working like a champ ever since...

calypso
08-24-2008, 03:53 AM
link to download ati propriety driver -

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linux/linux-radeon.html

to install

"ati-driver-installer-8.28.8.run"

type aticonfig first, this should bring up the man page which has lots of
example commands, im guessing your downloading this to get dual head configuration.

akintoo
08-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Download from th link calypso posted

then cd to folder contianing ati-driver-installer-8-8-x86.x86_64.run
bt~# chmod +x ati-driver-installer-8-8-x86.x86_64.run
bt~# ./ati-driver-installer-8-8-x86.x86_64.run
follow prompts
Then end current session:
from log in window type
bt~# aticonfig --initial -f
then
bt~# startx
Now there is CCC icon in Kmenu

If your doing this for a real install you may need to do this first:
copy kernel header (kernel.lzm) from USB to / of HD install
then
bt/# lzm2dir kernel.lzm /

obscurant1st
10-09-2008, 01:04 AM
i need to make the backtrack 3 load the ati.lzm module load every time i boot it using usb..
i'm using sony vaio with ati radeon 128 mb graphics card..so the display is not detected as default..
if i install the ati driver from ati home siteit works..
bt i'm usin usb to boot..(live)
so i need the display to detect automatically..
so wt can i do for that ..pls help..
also the module creation didnt work for me..
i tried making the ati.lzm module for user mod n kernel mod..
but what should i do with those..when i try to use insmod or modprobe it just says that the module is corrupt..:confused::confused::confused:

Mortifix
10-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Place it in your rootcopy folder or the modules folder and it should load automatically. I did have trouble trying to load the ati.lzm file found on BT wiki page (it was giving me corrupt file error or some such nonsense).

obscurant1st
10-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Place it in your rootcopy folder or the modules folder and it should load automatically. I did have trouble trying to load the ati.lzm file found on BT wiki page (it was giving me corrupt file error or some such nonsense).

yah mee to gettin the corrupt file error.so what you did in that case???

xxgg0
10-23-2008, 01:26 AM
i have ati card. is that why on VESA works wth my system?

BlkUK
11-13-2008, 03:05 PM
i was geting the corupt download message too, i then found the ati-driver-installer-7-11-x86.x86_64 which worked perfectly.

sajidghori
04-13-2009, 10:54 AM
I have ATI Mobiliy Radeo X2300 display driver, I downloaded "ati-driver-installer-9-3-x86.x86_64.run" from ATI website

Any idea how i can configure it in windows? OR how i can i use it with BT3 Live CD?

Archangel-Amael
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
I have ATI Mobiliy Radeo X2300 display driver, I downloaded "ati-driver-installer-9-3-x86.x86_64.run" from ATI website

Any idea how i can configure it in windows? OR how i can i use it with BT3 Live CD?

You can add the driver to the iso and remaster it. As for windows better luck and help can be found on their associated sites.